cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Access - Connectivity Restored

Tutor

Re: Facebook Access - Connectivity Restored

Katie, what is HughesNet doing proactively to fix this? I understand you are watching that site and others are impacted.

Hi Ricky

As Katie mentioned, it is an outside issue. We've cleared our side up already.

Amanda
Tutor

So we HughesNet customers are at the mercy of someone else? We can not depend on our ISP to allow us to access sites we want to? Ummmm?

Hi Ricky

We are allowing access to Facebook, however the receiving side is not so friendly.  HughesNet can get to Facebook, however outside infrastructure is not making that trip easy and sometimes impassable. Again, HughesNet has already ensured we are free to access Facebook with no issues, but things out of our control are causing the inability to access Facebook.

Amanda
Tutor

What are you doing to correct this?

Seriously...your tech departments answer is to post down detector? so the 22 people who reported facebook down in the past hour are probably ALL hughes net customers. I am having no issue accessing facebook through my phone and in surrounding areas ...I am only having an issue accessing it through Hughes Net at my house this tells me that YES this is indeed a hughes issue.
Alum

Mark Zukerburg is a bit busy but we are doing everthing we can to get in touch lol .

Hi Ricky
Perhaps your question is best directed to Facebook support!

Thanks
Amanda
Associate Professor

It has basically boiled down to what could be a routing issue that is well outside the control of Hughesnet.  Nothing that Hughesnet can do at this point aside from wait and hope whoever between Facebook and Hughesnet decides to finally fix the issue.
Tutor

But it is my ISP that is not providing access. Don't that make it a HughesNet issue?