cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Access - Connectivity Restored

Associate Professor

Re: Facebook Access - Connectivity Restored

No.  You are going through Hughesnet, then god knows how many other ISP's to get to a single facebook provider.  It isn't a straight shot from Hughesnet to a facebook server.
Associate Professor

Actually, most of the recent reports are outside of the states, so certainly not just Hughesnet, there are still various outages in the states.  All DownDetector is, is a tool that scours the internet for potential outages, not everyone is going to report immediately to a website that downdetector looks for in terms of issues.
Tutor

Oh boy.
Tutor

However this is a issue that happens with HughesNet way to often. JMO.

Yes I noticed that most of the outages are outside the US so that makes me shake my head even more that down detector was even posted to say that the issue was not Hughes

fixed it by unplugging router
Associate Professor

Facebook accessibility has been an issue with Hughes as of late(Notably Spaceway3), but this time, it appears to be impacting Jupiter, and OTHER internet providers as well, which is a sign that someone somewhere in the middle could be having routing issues.
Associate Professor

Think about this boudman, how many people on Twitter will post @Facebook instead of @TheirISP when they have problems?  Not many, as they assume it's just an ISP issue.  That is where downdetector gets most of their data from, is Twitter.

I don't really see how downdetector is relevant at all. From my house, on the same computer, I can access facebook (minimally) using a proxy server. If Facebook were actually the cause of this, the internet would be exploding. Not to mention the apparently ongoing issues Hughesnet has with Facebook. Ergo: Hughesnet, PLEASE get it together.

Meh, I call BS. A proxy server goes through AT LEAST as many ISPs as Hughesnet, and I'm having no problem with Tor.