Facebook/Instagram won't load

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Valerie39
New Poster

Facebook/Instagram won't load

We've been without facebook/Instagram for over 24 hours. Wouldn't normally mind but 2 of my side jobs run off of facebook. Works fine on my phone when I turn off my wifi, so it is Hughesnet's issue! Spent almost 2 hours on the phone with tech support last night with them doing absolutely nothing! If this doesn't change real quick we will be changing internet providers!!!

9 REPLIES 9
udanwudeligv
Junior

I'm having the same problem. Just got off the phone with tech support and they really did nothing. She "checked" things and for now it's loading. I've been gone for 2 weeks and my husband said it was terrible. The hug2 drops constantly, hug5 has not been seen (until we reset)...this whole Gen5 thing seems to have a lot of sort of vague problems, but yeah many websites won't load or won't load fully. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

That did not help. 
I'm going to try what you suggested GabeU and use my old wifi router, and also try to jack the laptop right into the Gen5 box to see if that helps, just to see...

GabeU

@udanwudeligv

Wait.  I thought this sounded familiar.  Are you the person I was just talking to about the router on the Hughesnet page on Facebook?  I don't want to say the name on here because of privacy.    

That's me. 
And thank you, jacking in the old wifi/router to the newer Hughesnet Gen5 box and things are peppy. 
Apparently the "built in wifi" SUCKS. Hughesnet are you listening???? 

Good morning udanwudeligv,

Thanks for posting and sharing your experience. This last bit of info is definitely curious and helpful. We'll send this up to the engineers.

@Valerie39: If you happen to have an additional router, can you please test if connecting that to the HughesNet modem and using your router's wifi makes a difference as it did for udanwudeligv?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU

@udanwudeligv

I'm glad it helped.  

Good morning Valerie and udanwudeligv,

I haven't heard anything about Facebook concerns in the community lately, are you still having difficulty accessing Facebook/Instagram? If so, please let me know if you are available to do live troubleshooting with our engineers so we can gather data to help us address this concern.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

udanwudeligv
Junior

I just noticed Instagram is the same. It loads a few photos and then just spins or stops trying. And it seems to only be the "popular" sites. 
We have a friend visiting, who has a Verizon phone and Jetpack and he let us try that. While the speeds seem to be slower (we are way out in the boonies) things like Netflix, Facebook and Instagram come right up on his cellular. Now that I know that it works out here now (it didn't when we moved here 7 years ago) yeah there might need to be other options. 
We pay a huge amount and Gen5 has been a step backward from Gen4.  Speed totals aside, it's just not loading things.