Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Issues... Reps?

Distinguished Professor III

Re: Facebook Issues... Reps?

FB1.JPGFB1 TMN.JPG

FB2.JPGFB2 TMN.JPG

FB3.JPGFB3 TMN.JPG

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Professor

It's probably the forum system gone wonky, so the reps would have to contact their provider about it.   I guess in the meantime, we should maybe preview all our posts (I've been able to see the bleeps in my posts when I preview), and if there's bleeping of innocuous stuff, then we should post an image of the post.  So far it's happened to you, me, and one more subscriber. 

Annoying is too nice of a term for how I'm feeling about it.  Smiley Tongue 

What's crazy is that it makes absolutely no sense.  None.  How or why the system is flagging what I wrote, and what I've written in other posts, is beyond me.  There's no rhyme or reason to it.  And even after changing the wording to something else innocuous it still flags it, like it's flagging the sentence itself, even though it's completely changed.  

It's outstandingly frustrating, to say the least, especially when you're trying to help someone solve something and you can't because of it.

Good morning folks,

Thanks for documenting this weirdness with the filter; that's very unusual. I just checked out filters now and there's nothing in there out of the ordinary; haven't really messed with them since we first switched to this community platform. I'll submit a ticket and see where it goes. Thanks for the screenshot showing that the original phrase was. If you see more of this happening, please provide mor screenshots like that. Thanks!

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

@Liz 

I first noticed it about a month or so back.  I was trying to post some info or instructions concerning the 5Ghz WiFi, and it kept bleeping out a good bit of he paragraph.  I would try changing he wording, and it would do it again.  

I sent a PM to you on 7/13 concerning this issue, which included snapshots of a PM I was sending to someone, and in which it was doing the same thing, as in bleeping arbitrary information.  I don't know if you'll still be able to see it.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi Gabe,

Thanks for the details, I found it after some digging. It was right next to another PM you sent me about another champ and I must have missed it. In any case, the support ticket has been submitted, so we'll see what our provider says. Thank you!

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

It just gets crazier and crazier.  Today, so far, I can barely run any testmy.net tests, as they're getting "stuck".  The progress goes along to a certain amount, then just stops.  After waiting a minute or two, I finally X out of the page and start over.  I did get one to finish running, though it got stuck for a short time, too.  I should add that, when the test gets stuck, the service is still working just fine, as I can continue to open web pages and whatnot, though the test progress getting stuck would indicate that my internet pretty much died, mid test, which isn't actually the case.

The one that came "unstuck" after a bit of time...

Capture.JPG

I noticed that this started happening around the same time as the Facebook issue, though it's not normally anywhere near this bad.  I'm going to reboot my modem from the SCC to see if it helps.  If it doesn't, I'll wait a few, then try power cycling the modem, which I already did about twenty minutes ago.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Edit:  Neither rebooting nor power cycling, nor even changing the DNS back to default (HughesNet's), seemed to make any difference.  I do see that I'm on the same "channel" though, being 0109.  I'll try rebooting again in a while, to try to get it off of that "channel".  New test....

Capture.JPG

The "channel" I'm referring to...

Capture1.jpg

Professor

This is such a bizarre case. I do hope you or Hughesnet can get to the bottom of it.  

@maratsade wrote:

This is such a bizarre case. I do hope you or Hughesnet can get to the bottom of it.  

You and me both.  But, after many tries, I finally did get it onto a different channel, as in 0104, and the tests are no longer sticking like they were.  Smiley Happy

Capture.JPG 

Again, I keep posting these each day in case they'll help.  Though not every time, it does seem that the smoother the line (least congestion), the quicker the Facebook page load.  More tests will help to prove or disprove this.   

FB1.JPGFB1 TMN.JPG

FB2.JPGFB2 TMN.JPG

FB3.JPGFB3 TMN.JPG

Edit:  If only it could always be like this one....

FB4.JPGFB4 TMN.JPG

Good morning Gabe,

Thank you for these screenshots. I just wanted to be sure I'm looking at the right thing, you're looking at the SUM column for the DOM event? For example, I'm interpreting your last two screenshots as "Facebook loaded in 18 seconds while my speeds were at 47 Mbps".

Thanks,
Liz