cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Facebook Issues... Reps?

@Liz @Amanda @Damian @Jay @Hardy 

Is there any way I might be able to get one of you to remotely take a look to make sure everything is okay with my HughesNet equipment?  I have a tree that's grown up considerably, and it's difficult to tell if it's starting to be in the way.  My signal strength is good, usually at around 100 or so, but you never know.  I'm able to remove the tree if I need to.   

Also, is there anything that can be done to purge my modem or reset it or something to get rid of any old stuff, if that would have any effect, that is.  I'm having a heck of a problem with Facebook, which seems to be singular to me, and it's not my devices, as it's the same on all three of my computers, with each using different AV and browser extensions.  You can see the whole Facebook debacle here.  I just didn't know if maybe there was something with the modem that could be "jogged", so to speak, to maybe fix this issue, as I've tried pretty much everything I can think of, and things others have suggested, as well.  It's only Facebook.  Other sites are fine.  And that's what's odd.  

Thanks.  🙂  

66 REPLIES 66
GabeU

@Liz 

Thanks, Liz.  Should I keep on doing these each day?  

I think we're good for now, haven't had any new instructions from engineering. I'll let you know if that changes. Thank you!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

maratsade

It's probably the forum system gone wonky, so the reps would have to contact their provider about it.   I guess in the meantime, we should maybe preview all our posts (I've been able to see the bleeps in my posts when I preview), and if there's bleeping of innocuous stuff, then we should post an image of the post.  So far it's happened to you, me, and one more subscriber. 

Annoying is too nice of a term for how I'm feeling about it.  😛 

What's crazy is that it makes absolutely no sense.  None.  How or why the system is flagging what I wrote, and what I've written in other posts, is beyond me.  There's no rhyme or reason to it.  And even after changing the wording to something else innocuous it still flags it, like it's flagging the sentence itself, even though it's completely changed.  

It's outstandingly frustrating, to say the least, especially when you're trying to help someone solve something and you can't because of it.

Good morning Gabe,

That's a good observation, I'm glad you caught that. Once you get some screenshots I'll bring it up with engineering so they're aware. Thanks!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!