cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Issues... Reps?

Liz

Re: Facebook Issues... Reps?

Hi Gabe,

Thanks for the heads up regarding the image upload limit, I've changed it so you should be able to upload pics here again. The limit is 100 uploads per 24hrs (I would hope no one would have to get anywhere near that), but I've increased the total uploads per user to 10000 for now. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your detailed account of trying FB on mobile, were these done at your Gen 5 system at home? I ask because you included the speed tests from your parents' Gen 4 system. Looking forward to the requested tests on your home system. Let me know if you have any questions.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Danny89 

Thank you for the suggestion.  I may very well end up trying that when I have a little more time.  Do you know of a free VPN that you can recommend, and preferably one for networking novices?  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
GabeU

@Liz 

The tests on my phone were at my house, using my Gen5 service. 

The following is the rest of what I meant to post yesterday.  These are all with my LAN connected desktop on my Gen5 service.

Facebook home page...

FB1.JPGFB1 TMN.JPG

HughesNet's Facebook page...

FB2.JPGFB2 TMN.JPG

Instagram Burger King...

IG1.JPGIG1 TMN.JPG

Instagram HughesNet...

IG2.JPGIG2 TMN.JPG

Though that's only one test session so far with Instagram, it was definitely quicker.  Of course, I need more to make that determination for sure.  

P.S.  I'm sending you a small PM.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
GabeU

All are with LAN connected desktop on my Gen5 service.

Facebook home page...

FB1.JPGFB1 TMN.JPG

FB2.JPGFB2 TMN.JPG

Instagram Burger King...

IG1.JPGIG1 TMN.JPG

Instagram HughesNet...

IG2.JPGIG2 TMN.JPG

Liz

Thank you Gabe, I've sent this over to engineering.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

GabeU

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to get some tests in during a more off peak time, like late morning or early afternoon.  I meant to today, but I ended up running out of time.  I'll try later on this evening, too.  

I should have added that, though Facebook's home page and HughesNet's Facebook page are the two I've been primarily testing with, the page itself doesn't seem to matter.  I belong to a few different Facebook groups, and also go to other Facebook pages in the course of clicking on links and such, and it's the same with all of them.

Liz

OK I'll add that as well, thank you Gabe!

Danny89
Sophomore

@GabeU, the one I use is the SoftEther VPN Client, from the University of Tsukuba in Japan

https://www.softether.org/5-download

Its pretty simple, after you install it, start it, double click VPN Relay Servers, then choose what you want. A lot of them dont work properly though, I usually chose ones in Japan or Ukraine

GabeU

@Danny89 

Thank you very much for the information.  It's greatly appreciated.  

GabeU

Facebook home page...

FB1.JPGFB1 TMN.JPG

FB2.JPGFB2 TMN.JPG

Instagram Burger King...

IG1.JPGIG1 TMN.JPG

Instagram HughesNet...

IG2.JPGIG2 TMN.JPG

The difference between Facebook and Instagram is like night and day.  Again, LAN connected desktop on my Gen5.   This is NOT while using the VPN that Danny suggested trying.  I'll try that sometime this weekend.  Maybe later tonight.