cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook blockout for 27 hours +

Re: Facebook blockout for 27 hours +

Thanks for the help, Chris.  I'll keep you posted if Facebook problems recur.

We are having the same problem. I was told it was a satellite connection issue. My satellite is apparently in El Paso, I was told it was due to bad weather, however, I looked up there weather report and it was sunny and hot.

We are having the same problem. I was told it was a satellite connection issue. My satellite is apparently in El Paso, I was told it was due to bad weather, however, I looked up there weather report and it was sunny and hot.
Assistant Professor

Lana, pretty sure it is not a satellite communication problem from all the comments here. More like a communication problem between HughesNet servers and Facebook servers on the ground side not with the satellite.

And the satellite is about 23 thousand miles out in space, the El Paso location is where the signal communicates with the satellite and where the signal enters the internet on the ground. It is called a Gateway.
Highlighted
Freshman

The problem appears to have reoccurred again this evening.  As of 11 PM PDT the facebook page will not load again.
Alum

Hi ret2rom,

Thanks for giving us a heads up. Our engineering team is still looking into this. At this point from what I am told, this is temporary and should clear up soon. You may see intermittent access restored at some time. Please keep checking on your end, and in the mean time try using the beta.facebook.com page when you are unable to access the website. I'll make sure to follow this along on our end as well. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we continue to address your concerns.

Thank you,
Chris

Last night Facebook went out and now it is back for now . Also now  I have 27 % download allowance remaining went I was running on tokens last night .So what is up with that ? 
Assistant Professor

If Gen4 you don't run on tokens until your regular allowance is fully depleted.
Alum

Hi hazzard,

Have you preregistered for Windows 10? Since many of our customers are Windows users, we are doing what we can to help with the expected impact of the large Windows 10 download should any of your devices upgrade to Windows 10.  Until August 31st, we have temporarily increased the amount of Anytime Bytes associated with your service plan by 4 GB, which is a $40 value at no cost to you. Your data allowance and percentages will change due to this.

- Chris
Honorary Alumnus

It will be interesting to see how hard of a hit, speed-wise, we will encounter across the entire Hughes system as these massive downloads occur.