cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook not working again 2/4/16

Facebook not working again 2/4/16

Two months ago I could not connect to facebook.  Liz responded saying she had my account information and it was fixed shortly thereafter.  :-) The case was closed.  Tonight, once again I cannot connect to facebook, but I can get almost anywhere else on the internet I want to go.  I am on Windows 10, using the latest version of Firefox
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Facebook not working again 2/4/16

This has happened dozens of times to me as well since I became a Hughesnet user last May. I think they block use for a time to save bandwidth. I cannot get on today as well. Only Facebook is blocked , this is what I get "This webpage is not available

ERR_TIMED_OUT"    I will randomly start working at some point like always.
Highlighted

FB not working for me either. Have looked through the forum and tried all the recommended fixes seems to be a Hughesnet issue ...hope they get it straightened out soon!
Alum

Hi daila,

Thanks for posting. Please try and toggle web acceleration to see if you are able to access Facebook. You can find directions on how to do this here: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/can_i_enable_disable_my_web_acceleration_myself

You can also try using other browsers, clearing out your cache, cookies, and history. Let us know if this helps.

Thank you,
Chris

This is why I say it is Hughesnet, because both laptops and both smart phones connected to the WiFi have the same issues loading Facebook only! Browsers, Caches, Cookies and History would not affect all the devices at the same time.

Charles, thanks for all the suggestions.  I've tried these here on this thread and some other things you have suggested on other threads.  Unfortunately, nothing has worked so far.  Trying to wait patiently, Dailia :-)

No luck
Associate Professor