Fap meter what is going on

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tpp
Freshman

Fap meter what is going on

I have known since they disable the FAP meter now during the download period that the 24 hours went out the window in another Hughes moment of slyness..... Now I have proof....

I will post the screenshots below.... but you will note on the hourly history in screen shots below, how long I have already been fapped, no excessive use....shows 17 hours left after download period ends at 4am....then hours later is stuck at 20 hours and never has moved FAP1A.pngand still is at 20 hours......  

15 REPLIES 15
tpp
Freshman

i will have to come back later and finish its so slow i cannot even post the screen shots... Hughges is a disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!

tpp
Freshman

I am fapped Eastern Time it appears at 8pm......I am fapped Eastern Time it appears at 8pm......you will note it is now 11:36 am and oddly enough over 7.5 hours later it is at 20 hoursyou will note it is now 11:36 am and oddly enough over 7.5 hours later it is at 20 hoursyou will note now 1:09 Pm still fapped for 20  more hours......have already been fapped minimum of 20 hoursyou will note now 1:09 Pm still fapped for 20 more hours......have already been fapped minimum of 20 hours

tpp
Freshman

3:03 pm now fapped for 22 hours still 20 more to go3:03 pm now fapped for 22 hours still 20 more to goAs you note no excessive usage..... no treason to fap me foreverAs you note no excessive usage..... no treason to fap me foreveranother view , no excessive usage, but still fapped now for  31 hours and still 20 to goanother view , no excessive usage, but still fapped now for 31 hours and still 20 to go

I have as I said been noticing that it is NEVER 24 hours...... my tested download speed when fapped was downloading at 3.5kbps.....so if i downloaded all day for a month what would I have.... I have no issue when necessary buying tokens and since stuck on hn7000 this fap nonsense is beginning to get ridiculous since new people can download all day and night with gen 5.... I get we are on the older system but when do WE the long time customers get some break too..... never obviously it just gets worse....... the fap to where I was not even able to post in this forum is out of control, it is totally useless....... and now we see what I have since 1 time I figured Id follow it

I need to take a better look at it but it would also appear that at 4am .....11-12 hours after being fapped it still showed 17 hours which should have said 12-13 hours so are they stopping the fap meter for the free download period now that they are disabling fap meter during download (they did not used to do that you could follow it and they say they do not) it would seem so

All I know is i am now fapped for 30 hours with 20 to go still and the 20 is not moving.... I refuse to uy more tokens this is their problem not mine.... but I knew something was not right

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Yep, going by the time on those pics your refill time counter is stuck at 20 hours.

Have you tried resetting the modem by pullin power at the wall plug for about 30 seconds the pluggin back in?

Will be Monday before a HughesNet employee can respond.

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Speaking as a former DW6000/HN7000s user:

Your daily allowance is not delivered in its entirety at a given time like the legacy 9000 plans.

Instead it is delivered as an "hourly drip" at the rate of 1/18th of your daily allowance per hour.  There is no refill during the unmeterd period.

With a daily allowance of only 250 MB per day, your refill rate will be a paltry 13.88 MB per hour.

Background processes from connected devices will burn that up before you can accumulate any meaningful allowance.

I suggest the following action:

Disconnect the Ethernet cable from the rear of the modem during all hours other than the free zone period but leave the modem powered up. Remember, there is no refill during the free zone.

You will contine to remain in FAP forever unless you allow your allowance to accumulate. You have a "leak" that is equal to or greater than your hourly refill rate.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@Gwalk900 wrote:

Speaking as a former DW6000/HN7000s user:

Your daily allowance is not delivered in its entirety at a given time like the legacy 9000 plans.

Instead it is delivered as an "hourly drip" at the rate of 1/18th of your daily allowance per hour.  There is no refill during the unmeterd period.

With a daily allowance of only 250 MB per day, your refill rate will be a paltry 13.88 MB per hour.

Background processes from connected devices will burn that up before you can accumulate any meaningful allowance.

I suggest the following action:

Disconnect the Ethernet cable from the rear of the modem during all hours other than the free zone period but leave the modem powered up. Remember, there is no refill during the free zone.

You will contine to remain in FAP forever unless you allow your allowance to accumulate. You have a "leak" that is equal to or greater than your hourly refill rate.

Thanks @Gwalk900, been so long since I was on 7000 that I forgot how it works on refill. Your memory is better than mine. Smiley Happy

Boy, don't know how a person gets by on that system nowadays unless everything is locked down super tight and constant monitoring.

Thank you for the explanation.....but I am 6 years in the middle of nowhere keeping this system going all by myself, I am very aware how it works.....I am sorry but I refuse to accept as is the usual case in here this has something to do with me........  I know all too well day after day how this deal works and this has nothing to do with that....these are recent developments with Hughes, I assure you sir I am an expert at using 250 MB a day.....lol... I have streamed MLB games in the summertime while fapped and still FAP ran out when it was supposed to, all the while running a chat room.....lol...so no this is not normal at all.

I usually just keep my mouth shut and suffer through the situation because why cry when you have no choice, but I am sick of it......I dont cry about slow, I cry that it works and that Hughes is not cheating me...I still remember the salesman telling me what I dont use up today goes towards tomorrow...... oops, but they gave me a 7000 and then again, tough beans for you.....

At what 20kbps download......... I can somehow keep myself fapped for 56 hours so far as shown and most of the time unable to open a webpage........come on...I downloaded a photo to check for a fake photo with google and it says it downloaded at 3.89kbps fapped....lmao.....its really not even funny anymore for most of us

Why did they remove the rolling FAP meter......  ????....how do we know it still ticks away during the download when it is DISABLED....sure appears to not and now its gone so you cannot watch the time which again as i have seen oddly seems to go up after the FAP period..... I have seen it time and time again

I will so it appears now have been fapped for a total of 52 hours............ now please explain to me how looking at all the times I am totally offline or it shows no use I am doing that

"there is no refill during the free zone"

Well there sure used to be and that would explain why they slyly or sleazily removed the meter now and disable FAP, why not save an extra 20% everytime someone is Fapped, Hughes gets rich and we are forced to buy more and more tokens..... if you add that into the mix then you are fapped for 29 hours no matter what you do, even if you do not use the free download period....????????... and that is just unbelievable since I can show you many times in here where somneone from Hughes has posted that the free download period is part of the 24 hours and it keeps ticking...... so is it or not, then if so the 24 hour FAP is a big lie.... this is what aggravates Hughes Customers...... its always one thing, but something else then as always we are told its our issue....loooooooooooooooool......I am sorry but being fapped to where you cannot open a webpage or I was unable to even post or get into this forum for hours is ridiculous to beging with 56 hours is criminal!!!

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

"there's no refill during the free zone" doesn't mean your free zone doesn't work if you are out of data, but only that the refiling of your data pauses during that time.  Your free zone time should still work, even if you are out of data.  

I can remember very well the times that I ran out of data with my HN7000S legacy plan and it not refilling during the "download zone" period, though the "download zone" itself worked without issue. 

Edit:  Let me add, though, that it may now be different, and this was only MY EXPERIENCE. Also, I haven't had a legacy plan since Feb 2016.  

Gwalk, I am probably wrong about this as you're more knowledgable that I, but I thought it was at a rate of 1/19th per hour, with the twenty four hours being offset by the five hours of the "download zone." 

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

@GabeU

You are correct, it is in deed  1/19th

I was going to correct that and add some info on the Data Bank but the OP  seems beyond anything that anyone could add.

It is possible  that his service could  be through  a VAR  but is unlikely  considering  the context of the post.

This is a job for @Liz

Hi....

I see the Hughes Rep had no interest in commenting as to why the fap meter was stuck at 20 hours and why I was fapped for almost 60 hours..... nothing new there, look threu the forum very rarely are anyones issues really solved, I have been reading for years

I have since been Fapped `1 time and .... It said 13 hours at 1 point until fap was over which would have meant 12:30AM.......which is 2 hours into Fap..... the Fap came off 3.5 hours after the download period started oddly enough adding 2 hours during the download period....lol...how is that possible

I appreciate the job you 2 guys do here, I am not meaning to be on you.....the middlemen between us and the Hughes Folks....its just that we are now the forgotten customers and those of us on the alternate satellite are stuck forever another thing we were never told when they installed it.... we all know the service has issues....but when you read Hughes is putting people on Gen5 on beams they know already do not operate properely.....what needs to be said past that is very little

That said...... we on hn7000s are now getting 25x less download speed, if you believe the 25mbps lol...... the new services have no FAP which means people I would guess at 1-3mbps can download Nerflix or whatever day and night......I dont need 25mbps, Id just liike to enjoy the service...they get more after using their original bank than I get to begin with which is rarely 1mbps to begin with...........and we are both paying $50 month !!!!!......so now I officially have the worst internet service in the United States and cannot dpo a thing...maybe I did before but Fapped for almost 60 hours is wayyyyyy over the top 

Fapped at 3.89 MBPS........... so today I tried to cancel the service on Chat but you must call, God only knows why and I must go out or walk thru Govt forest land to the clear cut to make a call... because no phone service at home....

guess it is time to spend $500 and get a cell repeater.......

VAR......if that means value added reseller....no I went through the Hughes sign up directly

just to add.....the only real solution for those of us stuck on this deal is for them to eliminate the FAP totrally for people who are not able to upgrade, but I could die n go to heaven and come back and we know Hughes will never do that.....which means I would still be getting 700-800 kbps no matter what....to continue to FAP us where we cannot even open a webpage is ridiculous..... between 3 and 12 kbps download speed.....

Liz

Hi tpp,

Thank you for posting and providing screenshots. We have your account so we can investigate. I do apologize, I missed this thread. We'll investigate this further and escalate to engineering if needed. I'll post back once we have any additional questions or updates for you.

In the meantime, can you please follow Gwalk's troubleshooting suggestion, that will also help our case if I need to escalate to engineering.

"Disconnect the Ethernet cable from the rear of the modem during all hours other than the free zone period but leave the modem powered up. Remember, there is no refill during the free zone."

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi tpp,

Engineering is trying to get you unstuck, but we cannot communicate with your modem to do this. Do you keep the modem powered off for long periods of time? 

I know you've mentioned slow speeds, but are you also experiencing a complete disconnect from the internet as well?

If so, can you please doublecheck your modem connections? We will need to communicate with your modem in order to address your concerns.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!