Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fap meter what is going on

Honorary Alumnus

Re: Fap meter what is going on

@GabeU

You are correct, it is in deed  1/19th

I was going to correct that and add some info on the Data Bank but the OP  seems beyond anything that anyone could add.

It is possible  that his service could  be through  a VAR  but is unlikely  considering  the context of the post.

This is a job for @Liz

tpp
Freshman

Hi....

I see the Hughes Rep had no interest in commenting as to why the fap meter was stuck at 20 hours and why I was fapped for almost 60 hours..... nothing new there, look threu the forum very rarely are anyones issues really solved, I have been reading for years

I have since been Fapped `1 time and .... It said 13 hours at 1 point until fap was over which would have meant 12:30AM.......which is 2 hours into Fap..... the Fap came off 3.5 hours after the download period started oddly enough adding 2 hours during the download period....lol...how is that possible

I appreciate the job you 2 guys do here, I am not meaning to be on you.....the middlemen between us and the Hughes Folks....its just that we are now the forgotten customers and those of us on the alternate satellite are stuck forever another thing we were never told when they installed it.... we all know the service has issues....but when you read Hughes is putting people on Gen5 on beams they know already do not operate properely.....what needs to be said past that is very little

That said...... we on hn7000s are now getting 25x less download speed, if you believe the 25mbps lol...... the new services have no FAP which means people I would guess at 1-3mbps can download Nerflix or whatever day and night......I dont need 25mbps, Id just liike to enjoy the service...they get more after using their original bank than I get to begin with which is rarely 1mbps to begin with...........and we are both paying $50 month !!!!!......so now I officially have the worst internet service in the United States and cannot dpo a thing...maybe I did before but Fapped for almost 60 hours is wayyyyyy over the top 

Fapped at 3.89 MBPS........... so today I tried to cancel the service on Chat but you must call, God only knows why and I must go out or walk thru Govt forest land to the clear cut to make a call... because no phone service at home....

guess it is time to spend $500 and get a cell repeater.......

tpp
Freshman

VAR......if that means value added reseller....no I went through the Hughes sign up directly

Highlighted
tpp
Freshman

just to add.....the only real solution for those of us stuck on this deal is for them to eliminate the FAP totrally for people who are not able to upgrade, but I could die n go to heaven and come back and we know Hughes will never do that.....which means I would still be getting 700-800 kbps no matter what....to continue to FAP us where we cannot even open a webpage is ridiculous..... between 3 and 12 kbps download speed.....

Hi tpp,

Thank you for posting and providing screenshots. We have your account so we can investigate. I do apologize, I missed this thread. We'll investigate this further and escalate to engineering if needed. I'll post back once we have any additional questions or updates for you.

In the meantime, can you please follow Gwalk's troubleshooting suggestion, that will also help our case if I need to escalate to engineering.

"Disconnect the Ethernet cable from the rear of the modem during all hours other than the free zone period but leave the modem powered up. Remember, there is no refill during the free zone."

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi tpp,

Engineering is trying to get you unstuck, but we cannot communicate with your modem to do this. Do you keep the modem powered off for long periods of time? 

I know you've mentioned slow speeds, but are you also experiencing a complete disconnect from the internet as well?

If so, can you please doublecheck your modem connections? We will need to communicate with your modem in order to address your concerns.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->