Wbowers68
New Poster

Re: Fearing I made a huge 2 year mistake

Me too

starting to think it’s a scam. 

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

daDada, the tests from last night are all grouped within 1 hour. Would help to do some at different times of day (morning/afternoon/night) like the one that came back good. That way it will help to show if mostly a slowdown during certain times.

From what you did post it would appear you're suffering from nightly peak time slowdown but additional tests at different periods of the day would help support it.

Sdn
Freshman

Well your not the only one thinkng they made a mistake getting this service. I had internet thru dishnetwork before switching to Hughes and never experienced the slow crapping service I have now. 

New Poster

I agree. Mine was installed the end of October and has never worked right. Even the install tech made comments about radical changes in speeds but nothing was done. They had another tech come out and redirect the satallite and reset it but nothing changed. My problem is my computer shows I am connected to their modem but their modem is not connected to their satellite. This occurs at least 5 times an hour. I have contacted so called customer tech support both on the phone and online. It even happened while online and the tech recognized it happened but the problem has never been solved. I have to wait for it to reconnect before I get online again. It will do it in the middle of a transaction or a download and screws everything up. I see how they advertise 25 Mps because one minute you have 40 Mps and the next minute you have 1 Mps or less. That averages out to around 20. I would NOT recommend HughesNet to anyone. Customer Service really Sucks. I asked the tech support for an email address of a supervisor and I was told no one at HughesNet has an email address. I have a copy of that transaction too.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@69

If you'd like to troubleshoot the issue on this Community (which I recommend), you should start a new topic, which you can do by clicking on the blue "Start a topic" button on the upper right while in the Tech Support section.  This will keep your issue separate from the OP's and others on this thread.  The help here is different from the help on the phone, and an issue of constant disconnects should definitely be addressed.    

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
shawstad
Freshman

I sure wish I'd read all this before signing up in May!  and does anyone know how to get  a record of the usages before last month?

I'd been putting up with the slowness and no-ness of hughesnet since June,(they give you freebees the 1st 20 days, we now know why!)

the week i ordered it, i'd come to my senses and cancelled. but my cancellation call turned into a waived fee on the modem for a year.  

finally, last week I called c.s. about the speed. 2mbps that day.

he got it up to 35 and i was extatic!

it didn't last, today i'm at 1mbps again!

so tonight i called c.s. complaining and was told I'd already used my data for the month. so from now til the 6th of jan. i'll be at 1mbps.

what an **bleep** i was for telling at&t to shove their dsl! i sure miss that speed now!

GabeU

@shawstad wrote:

(they give you freebees the 1st 20 days, we now know why!)

Yes, so new customers who haven't had their devices connected in a while don't blow through their entire month's worth of data while bringing those devices current.  

But, what's YOUR assumed reason?  There's no 30 day trial, and hasn't been for a long time, so what's the "we now know why!" alluding to?    

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
GabeU

@r3wt wrote:

i think the poster is alluding to the first 20 days as being like a bait and switch. which is pretty accurate considering hughesnet's misleading advertising (free 50gb internet per month, high speeds, streaming, etc). 

How is it a bait and switch?  There has to be an advantage to a company for a bait and switch to be a bait and switch.  When it's a courtesy, it's just that, a courtesy.    

Here's a bait and switch.  A company advertises something, and they give a 30 day trial period.  A person signs up, and for the first 30 days, which is the time they can choose to cancel, everything is great.  Then, come day 31, that service changes.  But now they're stuck in a contract, so no cancelling.  That's a bait and switch.  

There is no bait and switch here.  The minute the HughesNet's service is installed the contract is in effect.  There's no trial period.  No bait and switch.  Giving 20 days of relaxed bandwidth isn't bait, as a person doesn't even know about it until they are in the contract, and if they did know about it beforehand, they knew it was only for 20 days.  It's a courtesy, nothing more.    

Being unhappy or frustrated is one thing.  Accusing a company of something that isn't true is another.  And basically calling a courtesy nefarious, when it's simply a courtesy, is completely ridiculous, and utterly INaccurate.   

anerosa
Spectator

Me to. Not happy crap for service always have to have modem reset every 3 weeks