cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling cheated!

Re: Feeling cheated!

ok, let me put it this way, I dont know of any isp around here that gives users 20 days of grace, while being a capped service. I've been with quite a few isp's and none of them gave me a break... except for fios, that was awesome. (No Cap)

and i guess i should't be bring any pomegranates to the table, when all we are comparing is apples and oranges Smiley Happy 
Alum

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for posting your serial number. I have requested your sales call be reviewed. Once I have more info I'll post an update. Your patience and cooperation are greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,
Chris
Alum

Hi Rebecca,

Here are the findings from the recording:

-          Customer does inform agent that they do stream throughout the day

-          Agent states, “We don’t care how much data you use there, you’re never going to have an overage fee, you’re never going to get cut off, you’re never going to be charge any extra.  So you can use as much internet that you want.”

-          Agent reads the reactive disclosure for streaming, which states, “Video streaming and conferencing with the HughesNet Gen4 service. You will actually be able to watch about 20 hours of standard definition movies a month with our most popular mid-tier plan, and with your free status meter you can even monitor your monthly data allowance.”

-          Agent states that once you go over your data, the service will slow down.  When asked by the customer what it slows down to, the agent responds that it will slow down to three times the speed of dial-up.  Agent is clear that Netflix will not work once it slows down.

-          Agent recommends the prime plan if the customer wants to watch Netflix in HD while the kids are doing online schooling at the same time.

-          States the Prime Plan will get the customer 10 GB anytime and 50 bonus GB, but mumbles through the 2am-8am.

-          Agent does read the streaming disclosure in the final terms and conditions verbatim.

As you can see by our review results, this agent was clear about how you could use Netflix, however I do feel he could of done better. Our service was not misrepresented in this case. I am not too sure what they meant by mumbling in the second to last statement, but that coupled with little to no info about the relaxed bandwidth and no mention of setting Netflix to a lower definition is grounds for some consideration. What I can do is allow you to cancel for half of the early termination fee($200). If that is something that you would like to do, let me know and I will leave notes for agents when you call in to cancel. We hope to hear back from you soon.

Thank you,

Chris

Highlighted

Yes!!!! I will find the money and call to cancel ASAP!
Alum

Hi Rebecca,

I have left notes for an agent whenever you call into our support line. You can use case number 50719227 as reference. You shouldn't have any issues getting this processed. I'm sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations, but hopefully everything goes well with your next ISP.

Thank you,
Chris

Hugh net is a huge full of crap.
Assistant Professor

That's certainly helpful.

Thanks a million !

Thank you Chris! You've been helpful.