cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling cheated!

Feeling cheated!

When I called Hughesnet about getting service they said that the 10gb plan was plenty for our needs (even though I told him we stream Netflix daily). The first month it got really slow after about 2 weeks and I kept checking my status meter and it barely had moved so I thought it was the weather. I called Hughesnet about the problem and when they reset some stuff, it turned out my meter hadn't been working the whole first month! So the next month when I asked to cancel, they said it would cost $400!!! We are on welfare. We certainly can't afford that. So now we pay $70 a month for hughesnet (it lasts less than a week before we hit our cap) AND we pay for a local internet that is a bit slower but has NO data cap. Hughesnet hasn't been impressive with the speed either. Not much different or more reliable than the crappy secondary service we use. I hate Hughesnet. I feel like I was totally lied to by their sales rep and I WANT OUT!!!!
18 REPLIES 18
Alum

Re: Feeling cheated!

Hi Rebecca,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting your concerns! I'm sorry to hear of what you experienced. Hopefully we can help to facilitate your satisfaction. All we need is a recent case number or the serial number on the back/bottom of your modem, and we'll be able to pull up your account and request a sales call review. If our agent was misleading in the way he/she portrayed our service you may have recourse. We hope to hear back from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris

S/N is B3 0010726610 A4

That totally makes sense! I would notice the data go down a tad and then it would go back to 10gbs. the next day. Cheaters and liars!
Honorary Alumnus

The complaints of the 20 day grace period proves that no good deed goes unpunished.

Be happy they even give you the 20 days. When i signed up with AT&T and Sprint, I didn't get a "break period", they gave me my plan, and i used what i had.  Cant you be happy that you got 20 days to update your stuff?
Assistant Professor

Um, I think calling them "cheaters and liars" is complaining. It sure isn't praise in my book.  Smiley Happy

The "20 day grace period" wasn't something I was even made aware of until 5 mins ago. I feel like it's unfair because the trial period is only for the first 30 days. So if 20 of those 30 days aren't using up data then I'm duped into thinking that the 10gbs is a great deal. Yay Hughesnet! But it's not reality. If the "trial period" extended to 60 days, then I would have had a full month to understand that it's NOT going to work for us. As it is, 20 days of grace is really just a clever way to fool the new customer into thinking they got a great deal.
Assistant Professor

Well, guess I'm crazy but meters resetting every day would cause me to ask about it. In fact I believe I did when I got Gen4 service.

A bit like $500 mysteriously showing up in my checking account then not questioning it.

I don't have sprint anymore, I never got service even when i lived not even half a mile from the tower. I only use ATT for my cell phone. I use hughesnet for my regular internet, and use dsl for my torrents, or anything else that can wait a week or two before i actually use it.