cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fellow Beam 68ers: it's speeded up!

Professor

Fellow Beam 68ers: it's speeded up!

I don't want to jinx this (*knocks vigorously on wood*), but yesterday, measured speeds were higher, though there was a dip in the evening still (maybe the beam is a "morning beam").  Kudos to the Hughes engineers!   And even with the dips, streaming has been working just fine (I'm loving the Chromecast). 

engineers.jpg

21 REPLIES 21
Professor

Re: Fellow Beam 68ers: it's speeded up!

Beam 68 begins to feel tired around 6 pm....

11Mbps.png

Professor

I guess I jinxed the lovely speeds....

Just now:

slowagain.png

Hi maratsade,

Thanks for these updates. We're checking in with the engineers regarding speeds Wednesday, so we'll share your account of your experience so far at that meeting.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Junior

This has not been my experience. I still have very poor performance in the evenings.

My performance is also still horrible.   At 3 am Eastern I tried to watch some YouTube videos and the videos would take forever to load.  After they started playing the video would buffer multiple times.   This was even at lowest quality (144 p).   I did a speed test after watching a few videos, testmy.net showed speed of 24.4 Mbps.  Just did another which showed 27.9 Mbps  Why are videos taking forever to load and constantly buffering if the speed tests are decent?    I am really unsatisfied with the Gen5 service.  I hope something gets figured out and fixed soon.   The first few months were great (even throttled I was able to play YouTube videos with no buffering) now I barely use it for much.  I rather use my cellphone hotspot but that’s only 8 GB total per month. 

Associate Professor

Highlighted

No I have not,  I didn’t think it would make a difference since I would still view keep the quality low on the videos.   I will try and see if it makes a difference. In the future.  

Professor

@pswired wrote:

This has not been my experience. I still have very poor performance in the evenings.

Yeah, I spoke too soon.  I think the issue persists. (Engineers still rock, though)

Good morning folks,

Thank you for your updates. If we already have your testmy.net results URLs and you've been running tests this past week, we'll bring these up in our check-in with the engineers regarding speeds tomorrow afternoon. If not, please do so so we have a better case to present at the meeting.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->