Fellow Beam 68ers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Fellow Beam 68ers

Are you having speed issues?  My speeds have been pretty bad lately.  SCC looks good.  Overcast weather and a bit of rain, but nothing huge.  Is it snowing in space? (Groundhog Day quote).

9 REPLIES 9
MarkJFine
Professor

68 has had a problem all day. Was getting 11.1Mbps at 11am on Outroute 3: http://testmy.net/db/cG3OKBLQS

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

It's been acting rotten all day here. Ahead of the long weekend, of course.

grrrr.png

Imagine that face on a 65 year-old former O-6 and that was my Business Development lead.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Maybe he liked to eat sour grapes with his Wheaties...

@MarkJFine wrote:

Imagine that face on a 65 year-old former O-6 and that was my Business Development lead.

Hi beam 68ers (and any beam 82ers who are curious),

Engineering has a network update planned for next Thursday to roll out on beams 68 and 82 to improve performance. We also have additional steps we plan to take for individual sites to improve speeds, but once we have details on that, we'll let you know.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

New customer on Beam 82 very interested in tracking the network upgrade...

maratsade

They had to roll it back, but they're still working on it.  Fingers crossed!

Hi folks, 

We had a call with the engineers concerning slow speeds and they say that after the recent network adjustments, it will take a few weeks for things to balance out. Significant improvements won't be immediate, but gradual. We're going to check in again with engineering next week, so please monitor your performance until then and let us know how it goes. Periodic speed tests will be useful so we can show those to the engineers next week.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

maratsade

Thanks @Liz.  I haven't noticed any changes, but I will continue to test, test, test, so you all can have a record if you need it.  My speeds are OK most of the time, around 17-18 Mbps, just not consistently high like, say, GabeU's, and they can drop considerably in the evening.  I've been very curious since the install as to why others are getting high speeds in the 40-70 (and higher) Mbps range and I've been stuck at under 20 Mbps since the install....