cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally got rid of Hughes net

Finally got rid of Hughes net

I bit the bullet and paid the early termination fee.   I'm done with this lousy service.   Keep checking for ATT to be available in your area if you hate Hughes net.   I had it installed and I love it.  No limits on your data usage, I can finally watch On demand, download games and videos.  I just couldn't take the lousy service any longer.  Good luck everyone.
3 REPLIES 3
Assistant Professor

Re: Finally got rid of Hughes net

If you now have cable internet of course it is better and good for you. Been said here many times that satellite is for those of us with basically no other viable options.

My service is not lousy. It sure isn't cable but I can do what I want to do with it, even stream quite a bit of video although not in HD. Without HughesNet I would have no internet or very expensive 4G that averages about a quarter the speed I get with them.

Sure not going to hold my breath waiting for cable where I live.
Assistant Professor

Bill, to be fair the caps they are talking about are 250 GB or higher, much higher than anything satellite will be providing in the foreseeable future.  But yes, even cable customers are going to have to learn they can't gobble as much data as they want from the way things are looking.

Good morning huskytwo,

Enjoy your new ISP!

-Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.