cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox 44 well worth it if you have 43 then forsure update

Firefox 44 well worth it if you have 43 then forsure update

A week or so ago I updated to Firefox 43.X.X it was a major mistake.  I noticed error after error, pages loading at a snail pace, eternal spinning wheel, and repeated script errors.  My update manager flagged a new update available to Firefox 44.  Well this morning after hours of frustration  I updated.  Now everything is working smooth no more errors and pages load like they should.

I don't know if this version is available for Windows but in Linux it is well worth doing the update to FF44. 
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Firefox 44 well worth it if you have 43 then forsure update

I have saw that 502 a lot today must be an error on the HughesNet server
Assistant Professor

Alum

Hi Gary,

Thanks for posting this. Users typically don't think to check for browser updates which could affect their overall online experience. Good info.

Thanks,
Chris
Junior

Hi Gary,
How are you liking your Linux box? I love mine Smiley Very Happy
My main box is still OS X but i finally broke down and built a Windows one too.
So far I have to say Windows 10 ain't too bad.

I took the dive off the deep end 100% Linux on all three PCs.  What Linux Distro did you install and what desktop?
Junior

I started with Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS, moved to Debian jessie (ver. 8) which was/is my favorite although there is more forum support for Ubuntu and finally ended up using CentOS 6.6. The reason I moved to CentOS was ease of integration with OpenMPI and SGE.(I am running a cluster of 6 computers, 1 frontend and 5 worker nodes)
When I use a desktop (for things such as this forum) I am using the Gnome desktop but I mostly use CLI (run level 3)
ps. Some time ago I did build a SUSE server and use KDE but I like the the new Gnome desktop better.

I started with Ubuntu also tried Puppy and Peppermint but felt them to be elementary.  One day I ran across Mint 15 Cinnamon and that was it.  Mint is probably the easiest to use and the Cinnamon Desktop was just more familiar and easy to adapt to.  I had Windows XP on 2 machines and Windows 7 on one.  I never had any problems with XP and thought it was the best Windows version ever.  Then MS decided to end support for XP so I went to seven on two PCs.  I found Windows 7 to be nothing  but headaches with high CPU usage and poor memory management.  At times it would hang up and Task Manager would show 100% CPU usage on all four cores.  This was enough for me so I started using Mint about 90% of the time.  Well last week I decided heck with it and reformatted the entire HD and went totally Mint 17.3 Cinnamon.  I still have small XP partitions on 2 PCs one in my workshop and the other in my Computer room.  Only because I use a IPX to play Starcraft or Diablo against the kids when they come over.  I need it for my Brother DSmobile 700d scanner too which will not work on Linux. I have been using Mint 17.X for over 2 years and don't plan to change until Mint 18 comes out sometime this year.
Junior

The cinnamon desktop looks nice. It's a little smoother than the new Gnome even.
LMDE is a nice, little and very fast distro. You can probably run the cinnamon desktop with it. You should make yourself a USB or spare drive and try it out. It's Debian based and very lightweight so it's extremely fast.