cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix the issue, or waive the disconnect fee.

hk2001
New Poster

Fix the issue, or waive the disconnect fee.

I've worked from home for 5 years now. For the last 2, I've used Hughesnet, because my Verizon DSL tops out at 1.5mb/s, and it's hard to remote work off that. 

However, for the last 2 weeks, I've been entirely unable to connect to Google drive, WeTransfer, Youtube (for work uploads, and social media monitoring), my company's main (Shopify hosted) site and back end, and various other places. 
THIS IS NOT A SPEED ISSUE - my testmy.net speeds are reliably over 10 mb/s.  Nor is this an issue with the hosts, because the moment I connect to my Verizon DSL, I can open everything, albeit at crappy DSL speeds. 
I also highly doubt this is due to traffic, or prioritization due to COVID-19, because I can connect and download to Steam's game services and download at 2-3 mb/s (although I did try Xbox Live, and couldn't even connect via Hughes.net)

I realize these are trying times for everyone. But the errors here make no sense.  Blaze through game downloads, but can't transfer a file.  Watch the news videos, and COVID-19 press conferences, but can't connect to sites like shopify or youtube?  I'm one of the lucky few in my family to still be working 40 hours a week, but for the last 2 weeks, I've had to rely more and more on the crappy DSL backup and sitting in parking lots riding wifi to actually work. 

Fix it, or waive the fee and pick up your equipment. 

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

Re: Fix the issue, or waive the disconnect fee.

• known issue
  • they're working on it
  • this takes time; there's no magical switch they can flip

To cancel, you will need to call 866-347-3292. You may have to pay an early termination fee if you're still under contract. See http://legal.hughesnet.com/ServiceTermsAndConditions-current.cfm

To avoid equipment charges, you will also need to return the equipment (modem, power pack, and the radio from the dish). You will get a kit to return the equipment when you cancel the account.

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

hk2001 wrote:

Fix it, or waive the fee and pick up your equipment. 

Liz

Re: Fix the issue, or waive the disconnect fee.

Good morning hk2001,

Thanks for reaching out and posting, I'll send over your feedback regarding Google Drive, WeTransfer, YouTube, and a Shopify-hosted site to our engineers for testing. If you haven't already seen this, we have some tips for those working from home: https://www.hninfo.us/worktips

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.