Hughesnet Community

For what we pay it should unlimited time like other services

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lndschaefer63

Support sucks they are usless , and don't get me started on the people that put it in .but they collect there money on rime. I do not recommend this service
7 REPLIES 7
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

You knew it was a capped service when you signed the contract.  

If I buy a vehicle that gets 20 miles to the gallon, and I know this before I buy it, am I supposed to then complain when I can't go 35 miles on a gallon?  Probably not.   

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Satellite is not like ground based services.
deepdiver1
Sophomore

Such a shame you don't understand what you are buying. You can wish all you want but there is no answer here. As above there are reasons for having caps on your service. For instance consider mobile service.. All have caps. That is what you compare with, Not cable. PS: Some of them are also putting in caps. So learn to control your usage. Good luck.
jpasqurell

Problem is that satellite internet service is terrible! I have tried all the others available in my area and they are all the same. I remained with Hughes net because I feel their customer service is the best of the worst. I do question their data measurement system. I truly don't believe I'm using the data they claim I am. However, we are at their mercy!
Amanda

Hello lndshaefer63

Welcome to our community. I'd like to point you to deepdiver's comment about how mobile providers also use data caps, but also that those big cable companies are jumping on that too. Simply, there are many people who have internet access now and do very data intensive things in this world of reality shows and live streaming that data caps are becoming a must for everyone.

If you have a particular concern about an agent you spoke with, please provide us the case number for that call and we will definitely look into it.

Thank you
Amanda
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

jpasqurell,

If you have having difficulty with your service, you can start a new thread and describe, in as much detail as you can, what's going on.  There are a lot of long time members and official reps at the corporate level on these boards that have a ton of knowledge.  They may be able to help remedy whatever type of problem you are experiencing.  Good luck. 

Amanda

Hello,
It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread 

and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Amanda