Hughesnet Community

Found my notes from original phone call to Hughes. CSR lied.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
docpoco
New Poster

Found my notes from original phone call to Hughes. CSR lied.

I was looking back through my notes and found where the original CSR told me very clearly that once the high speed data was throttled, we would still have data that would be fast enough to stream low resolution Netflix.

It seems as though our data is being throttled too much.

So I placed a call yesterday, identifying myself as a new customers. Sure enough, that CSR also said "oh yes, definitely you'll still be able to watch lower resolution Netflix". Yes, I recorded the call and will be happy to share it if needed.

So whats happening. Am I being throttled too much? Or did both of the CSR's give bad information.

17 REPLIES 17
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

Bad information.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Amanda

Hi Docpoco

That is definitely not what we want to hear... Both of the CSRs gave you bad information - but I will probably be able to only track down the one who actually sold you service, unless you got the name of the second one you talked to. What number did you dial to get to our sales agent? This will help us identify the location of the agent.

Thanks
Amanda
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

unverified information to be sure.

Mislead ?: A review of the official sales recording will answer that question.

Misunderstood ? .. everyone's level of comprehension varies.

Subject beyond the users ability to understand ?

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Normal throttled speed is around 150 kbps, from my experience Netflix on low definition needs a steady connection of at least about 1 Mbps.
docpoco
New Poster

Amanda, 

The reps name was Erica and the number was 866-347-3293

I was building a house at the time so I have a notebook with meticulous notes from everyone I spoke with at that time. 

The lady yesterday was named Jennifer and this is the call that I recorded. That number was 844-774-6490.
docpoco
New Poster

Not quite. I was assured that it was throttled but still usable. 

For whats its worth, I work in information systems in the healthcare industry as a systems analyst. I understood the subject just fine. 

She didn't know how much it would be throttled, just that it would be slowed down some.
docpoco
New Poster

I replied below. Just wanted to make sure that you saw it.
docpoco
New Poster

If you want me to upload the audio from the call yesterday I can, and I can provide a link to it here. 

For the record, Im not trying to get anyone in trouble. I'm frustrated.

Also, her wording wasn't exactly what I quoted above. I just went back and listened to it. 

Me: Would I still be able to watch netflix
Rep: Yes
Me: Oh, ok.. so even when the data runs out and gets throttled back I'd still be able to watch netflix?
Rep: uh-huh
Rep: And what would you like to do to get it set up with us today?

Thats basically word for word
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

It doesn't need the 1 Mbps constantly but needs to throttle up and down to it from their end to prevent extreme buffering and total loss of the stream connection. Again, my experience and observations.
docpoco
New Poster

I appreciate the comments.

The most frustrating part about this is, I have few other options, and the hughes net service has been VERY stable. Its more than fast enough to stream HD, and the Hughesnet service team has been great.

docpoco
New Poster

Amanda,

I mistyped the number. It was 866-347-3292

This was how I spoke with Erica from the original sales call.

Amanda

Hi docopoco

We're looking into this right now... I will let you know the outcome

Thanks for your investigative work & giving us helpful info
Amanda
docpoco
New Poster

Great. How soon should I check back? Or would you like a phone number to contact me?

Amanda

Hi
If your original sales call is available, expect a post back here tomorrow. We'll let you know if it goes further and we want to make sure everyone in the thread is looped in too.

Thanks!
Amanda
Amanda

Hi docopoco 

We received the result of the sales call review - however I need to hunt down the place that the 844 phone number you provided above goes to. 

" After reviewing the call, the
agent does provide misinformation to the customer by stating that the customer
would still be able to stream after the customer reaches their data
allowance.  The agent will be coached to properly inform the customer in
regards to streaming and what happens when the service reaches it’s data
allowance."

With that said, we can probably accommodate most anything reasonable at your request. If you prefer, you can email me directly at communitysupport@hughes,com

Amanda
docpoco
New Poster

Amanda,

Thanks for looking into this. I sent you an email to communitysupport@hughes.com.

Did you receive it?

Amanda

Hi docpoco

Yes I did! I've replied.

Thanks!