cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free download time is useless when the Sat system shuts down...

Junior

Re: Free download time is useless when the Sat system shuts down...

You would know if you had been using tokens.  You have to authorize their release.

Hello,

Please see our official announcement regarding the interruption of service that occurred recently: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/spaceway-service-notice

Thank you,
Amanda
Junior

Amanda, I appreciate the attempt to console, but those numbers did not apply to me.
This morning, at 12:34am ET our Spaceway satellite experienced an interruption of service lasting until 8:03am ET.

My service was working fine till 1:55 am, EST.  I know, I was awake and posting.  You can do the math on my original post.  It stayed down for about 2 hours, with those same error messages.  My post about clear skies and living in MT were done via Hughes.  

So, you may have had a satellite down, but it wasn't the one I was working off of.  And, again, this is not an isolated incident.  I usually go to bed at 9 or 10 MST, and if I can't sleep, I get back up and log on.  I am a moderator on several forums.  Some guys like to sneak stuff in during the early hours for max exposure.  At LEAST two other times I can remember, my service experienced the SAME error messages, refusing to transmit, ALL starting right at 12am, MST

I am not a conspiracy nut, not saying there is a grand plan out there to cut services.  But, can you explain why my services are essentially cut off RIGHT AT the free download times?
Junior

I am shocked.  Shocked I tell you (insert sarcasm emoticon here!)  About 1:15am here, (Free download time) and this is the message I see...
Web Acceleration Client Error (504) - Suspected Satellite Link Outage

The satellite link was not operational when the last web page request was made. Possible causes for this include recent changes in weather conditions or equipment problems in the Network Operations Center. Trying again at a later time may result in restored service due to either improvements in the weather conditions causing the service outage or rectification of a network problem in the Network Operations Center. If this problem persists, please contact your service provider for additional assistance.

Oh, and clear skies, calm weather.  SHOCKED!!!!!

*Sent via my cell hotspot, not Hughes, since Hughes is not letting me surf again*

Associate Professor

If I am not mistaken, the downlink for HN7000 users is in Maryland, which just had a nice storm system move through, approximately at the time you posted.  Weather has to be clear at both ends of the beam.

Shocked that you didn't know that.  Shocked I say.
Highlighted
Junior

How is the weather in Maryland right now?  You know, since it is 2am here, free time, and my internet is down.  Nice and clear here. 
Junior

I  know this will come as a shock, but, 12:02, and guess what happened....
SYSTEM STATUSSignal Strength
Note: Signal Strength is not an indicator of browsing speed. Precipitation can affect Signal Strength. If you do not see a red flag next to any of the status messages on this page, you should be able to browse the Internet successfully.
Receive StatusReceiver operational. (RxCode 5)Transmit Status
Transmitter ready. (TxCode 8)
Software Download Status
All files are up-to-date.
Service Status
Commissioned [Keys updated]
TCP Acceleration Status
Operational
Web Acceleration Status
Not Operational 
Diagnostics Code
0000-0000-0000-0005(Hourly)0205-6020-4802-0482(Recent)

Fair Access Policy Threshold Exceeded
NO