Frequent Buffering on HBO GO

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OldPapasan
Freshman

Frequent Buffering on HBO GO

I have reduced the resolution on Netflix to eliminate buffering, but I don't have the option on HBO GO.  When trying to watch some of my favorite shows on HBO GO there is constant buffering.  For a service provider that touts 25 mbps, this is very strange and your site advertising is misleading!  It is true that on large downloads your site will reach 25 mbps and more,  but for casual Internet browsing and high resolution streaming, you fall very short!

10 REPLIES 10

No , I haven't.  Do you know of anyone watching HBO GO without excessive buffering?  I generally connect in the Data Savings hours between 2:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.

HBO go keeps buffering for me as well on Gen 5. It is painful
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

I just disabled the video saved and it seems to be working now. Why would this help? Just curious

I have same issue on HBO GO and GEN5. Changing Video Server setting didn’t help either. I have similar issue streaming AMC. Netflix and STARZ are fine. As an aside my system speed tests to avg 40M/s so it must be something else/satellite delay/?. Oddly last month my monthly data was depleted and still was able to stream Ozark on Netflix for 90 minutes at 1.5M/s???Very frustrating given my other home experience with Fios.

@Bhlenny wrote:
As an aside my system speed tests to avg 40M/s so it must be something else/satellite delay/?.

Or HBO (or other), or something upstream from HughesNet, or...

I've had issues streaming HBO over VerizonWireless in the past. Could be anything.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Yes, doesn't help.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Ricsterwrote:

Yes, doesn't help. 

I assume you're referring to the post about disabling the Video Data Saver.  

It would be best for you to start a new topic to receive help, which you can do here...  https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/TechSupport

If you haven't already, you should run a few tests at testmy.net under an account you've created.  Make sure to run the tests using a single device that is connected via LAN cable and with the WiFi of the HT2000W disabled (uncheck SSID Enable in the WiFi settings (password is admin) and click Save Settings.  Do the same for all four radios (2.4GHz and Guest, and 5GHz and Guest). 

Make sure to use the manual 25MB size for download tests and the 4MB size for upload tests, though the download tests are the more important of the two, so most should be download tests.  When you create the new topic, please include the URL of your testmy.net Results page so your speed test results can be looked at.  It will look like similar to the following, but with YOUR testmy.net user name...  https://testmy.net/quickstats/yourusername

Ricster
New Poster

I'm having the same issue , I can watch about 1 to 2 minutes then it buffers.  Ready to send Hughes netback.