cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fried modem?

New Poster

Fried modem?

There were storms in my area yesterday, and now my modem/router appears to be dead...no lights (we double checked to make sure the outlet it is plugged into is working). I assume a power surge fried it. Anything else I should try? If it is really is dead, what's the best way to go about getting a replacement? Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
Professor

Re: Fried modem?

The reps here will probably check your modem remotely, and if it's totally dead they may send you one as a replacement (edit: at no cost, I think, but they have the last word on this)....  Reps are usually online here between 9 am and 5 pm (sometimes earlier, sometimes a bit later).  

amspaucm wrote:
There were storms in my area yesterday, and now my modem/router appears to be dead...no lights (we double checked to make sure the outlet it is plugged into is working). I assume a power surge fried it. Anything else I should try? If it is really is dead, what's the best way to go about getting a replacement? Thanks!

Hello @amspaucm,

Thank you for contacting us. I am sorry to hear your modem is not working after the power surge. I attempted to check your modem remotely and was not able to get communication. I would like to send out a modem replacement for you, however, I will need confirmation of the address. Please keep in mind the address we send the new modem to cannot be a PO box. Please private message me the address to send it to, as well as the first and last name of the recipient. 

-Damian 

New Poster

Thanks! Just sent you a PM.

@amspaucm,

Thank you for providing me with that information. In case you are unable to see the private message I replied with, I have issued a shipment free of charge, which will arrive in 3-5 business days. The box will come with instructions to set up the new modem. Once you have reconnected the modem, please wait 5 mins for the modem to re-associate and then test the connection. If you need any assistance with this process, please reach out as soon as you can. 

-Damian 

New Poster

Thank you very much!!! I appreciate all your help.

@amspaucm,

It appears the modem arrived a few days ago and your service is currently up and running again. I'm glad we were able to assist you and should any other problems arise, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation. 

-Damian