cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend cannot send email to my hughes net email.

Highlighted
New Poster

Friend cannot send email to my hughes net email.

My friend keeps getting this message when he tries sending email to my hughesnet email.
This message was created automatically by the mail system (ecelerity)
A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
xxxxx@hughes.net (reading confirmation): 554 5.7.1 [P4] Message blocked due to spam content in the message.
Arrival-Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 17:47:41 +0000
Reporting-MTA: dns; cdptpa-oedge02
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; mx.hughes.net
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 5.7.1 [P4] Message blocked due to spam content in the message.
Last-Attempt-Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 17:47:41 +0000
Final-Recipient: rfc822; xxxx@hughes.net
He was sent a message to my other email account, letting me know that he couldn't send email to my hughesnet account and included this error message that he has been receiving for three weeks. We exchange some political discourse, but it's not spam. How do I correct this and have whatever block has been placed removed?
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me to resolve this. I miss my friend's emails.
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Friend cannot send email to my hughes net email.

Good morning AzLady,

Thank you for posting and providing these details. Let me look into this for you and get with our e-mail admins to see what we can find. I'll post back once I have any updates or additional instructions.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi AzLady,

It seems that Miles from Facebook has already escalated your case up to our e-mail admin, we'll let you know of any news as we get them.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

i am having a problem sending email to a hughes.net address. same error message (spam) I will be interested to read the fix. it's very frustrating. V Copelan

Hi Vicki

We currently have a ticket open to have this issue looked at and resolved. We'll reply back with an update as soon as we receive one. Thank you! -Amanda

We are having the same problem and it just started this month.  A friend of ours sending emails from Outlook is getting them back with the same error message.  Prior to January we were receiving them with no problem.

Hi Tim,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I'm inquiring about this for you with our e-mail admin. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

New Poster

Thank you, Liz.
As of today, my friend has been able to send two emails to me. We're both crossing our fingers that this was nothing more than a software filtering glitch.
I appreciate your help in resolving this for all of us.
For some of us who live in the middle of nowhere, Hughes net is our lifeline to the online world, so there is no need to tell you how much you are appreciated.
Thank you again...
Hoping for fixes for everyone.

Hi AzLady,

That is wonderful news, thank you for letting me know!

Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you need assistance.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Hi Vicky and Tim,

It appears that AzLady's case was resolved with direct action from our e-mail provider; this isn't an all-encompassing issue affecting multiple people. Please e-mail us the error messages received when e-mailing a HughesNet address, as well as the sender's e-mail address. Send this information to communitysupport@hughes.com.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz