cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future version of the Hughesnet Status/Usage Meter...

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Re: Future version of the Hughesnet Status/Usage Meter...

@GabeU wrote:

maratsade wrote: 

I guess that to figure it out you'd have to try to replicate the error -- I personally wouldn't mess with it, but you could, since you like to mess with things. Smiley Happy

Trust me, when I ran CCleaner after everything was reinstalled I was a bit nervous.  I had already saved the system image before doing so, but when the computer was restarting I was watching and watching, just waiting for that rotating thing to stop doing so and for the computer to just sit there.  When it completed its startup it was a heck of a relief, that's for sure!  Smiley Happy

I couldn't stand the tension, which is why I tend to be very cautious when doing any of these things, or I outright don't do them. I'm chicken!

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@Amanda

I always try make sure that what CCleaner is going to clean out is not something that could cause problems.  Then again, I don't know enough about the registry that I would notice everything that might do that.  With that said, I always make sure to backup the registry before the cleaning. My Documents folder, at this point, has 48 registry backups from CCleaner, going back to mid 2016.  That's basically all that folder has in it.  LOL.  

I think what happened was probably just coincidence and didn't really have anything to do with the registry cleaning with the new version of CCleaner, but I'll keep my eye on it, nonetheless.  I could have been anything that I had done previous to the cleaning that caused it, or even nothing that I had done.  CCleaner just happened to be the last thing I ran and did before attempting to restart the computer.    

I think it's about time that I get a new, larger, external HDD so that I have enough room to save a few more system images, and save them more often.  Perhaps even one every week.  That certainly would have saved me from that mess.  Of course, had I not jumped the gun in assuming it was an OS corruption I wouldn't have gone through the entire system image restoration and update debacle in the first place.  Smiley Happy

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted

I performed the upgrade to the Hughesnet Usage Meter version 6.6.1 and it's missing the info, as well, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled version 6.5.3.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Junior

Thanks for posting back on this latest 6.6.1 update to let us know it's still missing this pertinent info, I agree, without it the meter is really not as useful as previous versions.

I made a thread about it here when it was first removed in 6.6.0, I'm still waiting for it to be put back too (Back to 6.5.3 for now)
6.6.0 Usage meter - Data Cycle Info Missing

Highlighted

@GabeUWhere can I go to download 6.5.3?

Highlighted

@wildcats198308

I don't know if it's available anywhere now, unfortunately.  

I think the only option would be if someone has uploaded it to a file sharing service.  I tried, in the past, to upload files both through zippyshare and DropBox, but both ended up being more problematic than they were worth, at least for me.  I, personally, don't trust their programs being downloaded to my computer anymore.  

If you know of a trusted file sharing service that allows a person to just upload the file to their site without having to install anything on their computer, and it's free, I'd be happy to upload the 6.5.3 installation file that I have.  I always download the new file instead of doing the upgrade through the popup, and I've got all of them saved back through version 6.2.  

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Highlighted

@BirdDog

Does 4shared require anything to be downloaded and installed on your computer?  If not, I might try their file sharing in the future.  

Also, is that 6.5.3 that you uploaded?  It's considerably smaller than the file I have.  And, unfortunately, 6.5.3 is the earliest meter I could get to work with Gen5.  Previous ones wouldn't connect or show anything.  

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

It is 6.2 and working on Gen4 right now, so don't know about Gen5. As far as I know 4shared doesn't require anything except maybe logging in with an account like Google, Facebook, etc. and maybe not even that for just a download.

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Fairly large download as this contains multiple versions of the status meter, along with a few other files...

Use the modified files (stops the update checking) at your own risk, it's recomended you don't use older versions of the status meter.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fp35ou6jpo9ocdr/Status%20Meter%20Modification.zip?dl=0

Also, if I am not mistaken, the older status meter didn't display tokens when you would go to purchase them, it does in the latest version... You also need to use the latest version should you want to easily change video data saver options with out having to log in.