Hughesnet Community

Future version of the Hughesnet Status/Usage Meter...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Future version of the Hughesnet Status/Usage Meter...

I'd really like to see the following put back....

Capture.JPG

It was very handy to know, practically instantly, where you were in the month.  I can't really think of a valid reason for removing it.  

35 REPLIES 35
GabeU

Okay.  Here's meter version 6.5.3.  

https://www.4shared.com/file/AgPXUApKca/HughesNet_Status_Meter_653_Set.html?

As stated, the ability to buy tokens does not work with this version, nor is the video data saver setting available.  With that said, you can still adjust the video data saver at the myAccount sign in.  But, if having the progress bar on the bottom is worth not having those two other things, this would be the one to use.     

@GabeU  I cant get the download to work on the link provided.  I dont understand it LOL.   I wonder if it will work sending it through email?  

maratsade

Has anyone downloaded the update (6.6.1)?  I downloaded it to one of my devices, but I don't see that there's anything different about it -- I thought it would have the "you are here" bar but it doesn't.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

6.6.1 does the following that I know of...

-Fixes display issues with scaling on some resolutions, the following is my results at various resolutions and scaling.
Resolutions and Scaling
A: 1920*1080 @ 175% = Zoomed In Message
A: 1920*1080 @ 150% = Works
A: 1920*1080 @ 125% = Works
A: 1920*1080 @ 100% = Works
B: 1440*900 @ 150% = Zoomed In Message
B: 1440*900 @ 125% = Works
B: 1440*900 @ 100% = Works
C: 1366*768 @ 125% = Works
C: 1366*768 @ 100% = Works
😧 1280*1024 @ 150% = Zoomed In Message
😧 1280*1024 @ 125% = Works
😧 1280*1024 @ 100% = Works
E: 1280*720 @ 100% = Works
F: 1024*768 @ 125% = Zoomed In Message
F: 1024*768 @ 100% = Works

-Allows us to now purchase tokens
-Updated logos

GabeU

@maratsade

I tried it, and it works well.  It's just missing the progress bar that I hoped would be back on the new release.  I probably brought it up too late in the process for them to even think about including it on 6.6.1, but maybe with the next one.  I can only hope.  It surely would be nice.  

maratsade

@GabeU wrote:

@maratsade

I tried it, and it works well.  It's just missing the progress bar that I hoped would be back on the new release.  I probably brought it up too late in the process for them to even think about including it on 6.6.1, but maybe with the next one.  I can only hope.  It surely would be nice.  

It works just fine for me too -- I wonder what they updated, though.  I was so hoping it'd have the progress bar, but maybe next time. 🙂

GabeU
maratsade

@GabeU wrote:

Okay, hopefully I did this right.  If it works, the thanks goes to Corrosive.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ehdlslbhcq5789j/HughesNet%20Status%20Meter%206.5.3%20Setup.exe?dl=0

Looks fine, though I haven't tried to download it.

GabeU

@wildcats198308

Sorry about that.  I'm not at all familiar with 4shared and it looks like you have to have an account in order to download it.  I tried downloading it through firefox, which had never been signed in there, and it wanted me to sign in to download it.  

After a few tries I was finally able to get the file to attach to my email, but sending it keeps ending up in failure.  I tried sending it from both my Hughesnet mail and Google mail to my main MSN address, and I kept getting failures, so I tried it the other way around and am getting the same thing.  Either it's finding the file too large to send or it just doesn't like the type of file.  Why it would allow me to upload it and accept the attachment, but not send it, I have no idea.

You could try signing up for a free account at 4shared using your email address (that's how I created my account with them) or a social media account and then see if you can download it.  That's really the only option I can think of at this point.  It looks like, though, with the free account you are going to have to watch an ad or something to be able to download it.  I'm assuming that's what the 60 second wait is for.  

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Why are you guys using 4shared?  Dropbox allows anyone to download a file with out having to create an account.  You also don't have to download their software to upload. 😕

GabeU

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

Why are you guys using 4shared?  Dropbox allows anyone to download a file with out having to create an account.  You also don't have to download their software to upload. 😕

I thought you had to download their software, which is why I avoided it.  

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Nope, zero need to download their software unless you are wanting to syncronize folders on your desktop with your dropbox account.

The dropbox link I shared should have the version yall are wanting, as well as files that you can place in the appropriate places to disable the annoying Update Check reminder stuff.

maratsade

@GabeU wrote:

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

I thought you had to download their software, which is why I avoided it.  

That's what I like about DB, that you don't have to download their app!

GabeU

@maratsade

Dropbox was what I originally went to for uploading the 6.5.3 meter, but the second step of setup was downloading the software, and I bowed out right there.  They need to put something on that page to let you know that you don't actually have to download it.  I hit the back button on my browser this time to get out of it, but it's certainly confusing to someone that has never used it before.  And had I not accidentally found the part where you could create a URL for anyone to download the file I just uploaded, I would still be asking questions on how to share it.  Then again, perhaps the "tour" would have given me the instructions, but I deleted it.  I never take the tour.  LOL.  

Edit: And I just realized I forgot to add @wildcats198308 to the post regarding the link, so I just did so.  Ugh...I need another cup of coffee.  Some REAL strong coffee!  🙂

maratsade

@GabeU

I don't remember how it looked when I set it up, but I think I ignored everything having to do with downloading the app.  I just set up the account and began uploading files to it.  Not planning on downloading the app, ever.  I hope they never make it mandatory.

You need espresso. A whole cup of it. That'll keep you awake for 2 to 3 days. 🙂