GEN 5 Wifi Router Issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leejredd
Freshman

GEN 5 Wifi Router Issues

I've got upgraded to GEN 5 today and initally I didn't have any troubles but around an hour and so later after the installation was done the Internet started acting up. Certain websites wouldn't pull up and I would get an error message saying that the site couldn't be reached with error code ERR_Connection_Refused. I would unplug the router, wait a 1 minute, and turn back on and it would work fine for a minute then it would go back to the same issues. I've done a Windows Network Diagnostics and it said that website (host) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts. I've tried every possible solution to resolve the problem from doing a DNS flush, changing the TCP/IPv4 DNS server address to the Google DNS addreses, and unplugging the router and rebooting it. I've also used 3 different browsers (Edge, Chrome, and FireFox) and it also had the same problems with websites not connectiong.

I have 1 laptop and 1 wireless all-in-one desktop that's running on Windows 10  and 1 laptop running on Windows 8 that's all having the same issues. Never had a problem with HughesNet until after the GEN 5 upgrade today. 

49 REPLIES 49
tampasteve1
Sophomore

Is it possible the modem/router is in the process of updating? I have not had my Gen5 service installed yet, but I have read other people say that after it is installed the router/modem will update a couple of times over the course of a good amount of time. 

@tampasteve1 wrote:

Is it possible the modem/router is in the process of updating? I have not had my Gen5 service installed yet, but I have read other people say that after it is installed the router/modem will update a couple of times over the course of a good amount of time. 

I wasn't told anything from the tech this morning that came to reposition the dish and hookup the new wifi router. It seems that I'm not the only one with issues with the new wifi router based on reading the past threads. 

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Have you changed any of the settings inside the HT2000w? If so, which ones exactly have you changed?

When you get these errors, is it on a device that's connected via wifi, or via a network cable?

Are you using your own wifi router instead of the HT2000w?

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

Have you changed any of the settings inside the HT2000w? If so, which ones exactly have you changed?

When you get these errors, is it on a device that's connected via wifi, or via a network cable?

Are you using your own wifi router instead of the HT2000w?

The only changes I've made to the router was changing the wifi password. The errors are on devices connected via wifi and I try connecting my laptop via network cable to the HT2000w router and I would get the same webpage connection error and I'm primarily using the HT2000w router for all devices. 

We need help!!!  Gen% installed two days ago.  Installer was able to get iPad and iPhone, and HP laptop connected, but failed totally on our HP desktop, and HP printer.  I have tried for 2 days unsuccessfully.  Further, when I finally was able to connect with an ethernet cable, and I went to SystemControlCenter.com and tried to log in, it told me the connection was not secure and my password could be compromised.  I tried via the laptop wirelessly, and got the same message: not secure!  The router settings indicate all security is on.  Why am I unable to connect the desktop and printer and why I am I not secure when I connect to Hughes own Control Center???  Faster system? Hardly, when I can't even connect my primary devices, much less securely.  Plus I still get server not found and DNS lookup errors, which Hughes blamed the settings on my older router -- Not.  Same thing on the Hughes router/modem HT2000W!

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@kup

Please create a new topic to focus on your specific issues...

@leejredd

When you get the "Err_Connection_Refused" message, are you able to visit http://192.168.0.1 in your browser and see the Hugheset Modems System Control Center?

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

When you get the "Err_Connection_Refused" message, are you able to visit http://192.168.0.1 in your browser and see the Hugheset Modems System Control Center?

I'm able to connect to the Hughesnet Control Center

Spoke with tech support this morning about the connection issues with the wifi and LAN and spent over 2 hours on the phone with him while he tried to figure out what was the problem. After he exhausted all possible solutions, he informed me after putting me on hold that their was issues concerning the satellite and that the engineers was working on it. He also let me know that my case wasn't an isolated incident and that other customers was experiencing the same problems. He ended up giving me an reference number told me that someone should be calling me later today with an follow up. 

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

It's possible... I my self am not experiencing issues this moment, but have experienced some issues with connectivity on the new system...  New system, new bugs to work out and fix.

when I was having this issue last night (along with slow speed test results) the System Control Center took a good 5 or 6 seconds to even open and when it did open, the screen was slow to fully display.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Monicakm,

It sounds like the issue you had was more tied to your local area network than the Hughesnet system it self...  Very rare that the modem doesn't respond almost instantly unless it's an HT1000...

Crossosive, I guess it could have been.  You know a lot more about all this than I do.  I just know that when the speeds were back up today, browsing was better and pages were loading...no error messages.

@leejredd wrote:

@tampasteve1 wrote:

I wasn't told anything from the tech this morning that came to reposition the dish and hookup the new wifi router. It seems that I'm not the only one with issues with the new wifi router based on reading the past threads. 

My installers did tell me it would take a few hours for everthing to settle in with a few reboots of the system.  But, I had yesterday what you are experiencing.  A day after my install.  Speed tests were also very low.  Things are better today.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@leejredd

It's a day later, but if you are still experiencing the problem, could you list a couple of the websites you are having the issues with?  If it's a Gateway or beam problem it's possible that others on the same gateway or beam may have the same problem.    

@GabeU wrote:

@leejredd

It's a day later, but if you are still experiencing the problem, could you list a couple of the websites you are having the issues with?  If it's a Gateway or beam problem it's possible that others on the same gateway or beam may have the same problem.    

Indeed.com

Twitter.com

Youtube.com

FanDuel.com

My HughesNet account page after clicking sign in/register

HughesNet Community page 

When I got home from work last night everything was working smoothly and the websites pulled up fine on all 3 devices with no problems but again after an hour or so I noticed the webpages would load very slow and would revert back to the Error Connection screen on Chrome and it still doing it as of this morning and I have to use my mobile hotspot just to get to connect to this forum due to the connection issues. 

Here's some screenshot 

Untitled1.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

Untitled4.png

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@Liz may need to run diagnostics on your terminal to see what's up...  I suspect there may be an issue with Web-Acceleration that's causing that issue.

Good morning leejredd,

Thank you for posting and working with C0RR0SIVE to address your concerns. I ran diagnostics on your site to check on your equipment and that appears to be functioning normally. However, I'm not getting a status update on your gateway so I'll have to double-check with the engineers on that. Allow me to investigate further, I'll post back once I have any updates.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi leejredd,

Our engineers are testing out those sites you posted. Now when you access those sites and encounter the error messages, are you still connected to the internet? If this happens again, try pulling up purple.com, all you'll see if purple if it loads up. Please let me know so I can pass this info up to the engineers.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

@Liz wrote:

Hi leejredd,

Our engineers are testing out those sites you posted. Now when you access those sites and encounter the error messages, are you still connected to the internet? If this happens again, try pulling up purple.com, all you'll see if purple if it loads up. Please let me know so I can pass this info up to the engineers.

Liz

I can pull up purple.com with no problems

Untitled5.png

But I'm still having trouble logging in to these

Untitled6.png

Untitled7.png

Untitled8.png

OK this helps, thank you!