GEN 5 Wifi Router Issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leejredd
Freshman

GEN 5 Wifi Router Issues

I've got upgraded to GEN 5 today and initally I didn't have any troubles but around an hour and so later after the installation was done the Internet started acting up. Certain websites wouldn't pull up and I would get an error message saying that the site couldn't be reached with error code ERR_Connection_Refused. I would unplug the router, wait a 1 minute, and turn back on and it would work fine for a minute then it would go back to the same issues. I've done a Windows Network Diagnostics and it said that website (host) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts. I've tried every possible solution to resolve the problem from doing a DNS flush, changing the TCP/IPv4 DNS server address to the Google DNS addreses, and unplugging the router and rebooting it. I've also used 3 different browsers (Edge, Chrome, and FireFox) and it also had the same problems with websites not connectiong.

I have 1 laptop and 1 wireless all-in-one desktop that's running on Windows 10  and 1 laptop running on Windows 8 that's all having the same issues. Never had a problem with HughesNet until after the GEN 5 upgrade today. 

49 REPLIES 49

Hi leejredd,

We'd like to rule out any other possible local factors that could affect browser timeouts. Can you please see if the errors persist with your add-ons/extensions disabled? 

The engineer would also like to see if the errors persist in safe mode with networking, but considering you're on Win 10 and there's a possibility of being locked out (and needing to reinstall Win 10) if you're not aware of all your PIN and admin passwords and such, I would not recommend this unless you have successfully run safe mode with networking with confidence.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

@Liz wrote:

Hi leejredd,

We'd like to rule out any other possible local factors that could affect browser timeouts. Can you please see if the errors persist with your add-ons/extensions disabled? 

The engineer would also like to see if the errors persist in safe mode with networking, but considering you're on Win 10 and there's a possibility of being locked out (and needing to reinstall Win 10) if you're not aware of all your PIN and admin passwords and such, I would not recommend this unless you have successfully run safe mode with networking with confidence.

Websites still no pulling up after I disabled my Google Chrome add-ons/extensions. 

Hi leejredd,

Thank you for this update, I've let the engineers know. I was also informed that a fix was rolled out recently to address an issue where certain websites were inaccessible to Gen 5 customers, can you please let me know if you can access your websites now? To be on the safe side, power cycle the HughesNet modem before re-attempting to access the sites in question. If you're still seeing an error, please let me know which error and for which sites.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

@Liz wrote:

Hi leejredd,

Thank you for this update, I've let the engineers know. I was also informed that a fix was rolled out recently to address an issue where certain websites were inaccessible to Gen 5 customers, can you please let me know if you can access your websites now? To be on the safe side, power cycle the HughesNet modem before re-attempting to access the sites in question. If you're still seeing an error, please let me know which error and for which sites.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

I still having trouble accessing the websites even after I'd power cycled the router

Untitled9.png

Untitled10.png

Untitled11.png

Untitled12.png

Also when I rebooted the router from the HughesNet System Control Center I was able to get into one of the websites screenshot aboved for about 5 seconds before it slowed down and wouldn't access it. 

Hi leejredd,

Our engineer would like to get on the phone with you tomorrow for troubleshooting and to capture real time logs. He's available tomorrow, 4/13 from 2-3 pm ET and 4-5 pm ET. Please let me know which one works for you. If neither time is convenient, please let me know your availability. We'll reach out to your on the number ending in 55 that's on file for you. If you have a different preferred number, please PM that number to me.

@Liz wrote:

Hi leejredd,

Our engineer would like to get on the phone with you tomorrow for troubleshooting and to capture real time logs. He's available tomorrow, 4/13 from 2-3 pm ET and 4-5 pm ET. Please let me know which one works for you. If neither time is convenient, please let me know your availability. We'll reach out to your on the number ending in 55 that's on file for you. If you have a different preferred number, please PM that number to me.

Liz I'll be at work during those times so I won't be avaiable at those times but I'm avaiable anywhere from 8am to 12pm CST

Good morning leejredd,

Thank you for your availability. I let the engineer know and once I get an OK from him for a time that fits your 8 to noon slot, I'll let you know. 

Good morning leejredd,

I have a phone call scheduled for you, a corporate rep, and our engineer tomorrow, Apr 18 at 10 am CT, to address your concerns. If you need a reschedule, please let me know.

@Liz wrote:

Good morning leejredd,

I have a phone call scheduled for you, a corporate rep, and our engineer tomorrow, Apr 18 at 10 am CT, to address your concerns. If you need a reschedule, please let me know.

Thanks Liz!

Good morning leejredd,

I ran some new diagnostics this morning and they are significantly different from when I first ran them after you first posted. I definitely want to dispatch a complimentary tech out there to repeak your dish. I've notified the engineers of this latest development and am waiting to hear back if they still want to gather data from you today or wait until after the dispatch. I will keep you posted.

@Liz wrote:

Good morning leejredd,

I ran some new diagnostics this morning and they are significantly different from when I first ran them after you first posted. I definitely want to dispatch a complimentary tech out there to repeak your dish. I've notified the engineers of this latest development and am waiting to hear back if they still want to gather data from you today or wait until after the dispatch. I will keep you posted.

Liz,

I've gotten off the phone with coporate and I let her know that someone will be out here this afternoon to realign the dish. Originally it was supposed to have been Saturday before anyone could come since the vendor was booked but the same guy who came to my home to do the upgrade 2 weeks ago called me yesterday and said that he could come out. 

I'll give you an update once he has completed the repair job. 

Sounds good, Lee!

We look forward to hearing how this dispatch goes. If your website concerns persist after the dispatch, please let me know and we'll get our engineers on the phone with you. I'll shoot for this Thursday at 10 AM CT if we need to get on the phone and if that still works for you then.

@Liz wrote:

Sounds good, Lee!

We look forward to hearing how this dispatch goes. If your website concerns persist after the dispatch, please let me know and we'll get our engineers on the phone with you. I'll shoot for this Thursday at 10 AM CT if we need to get on the phone and if that still works for you then.

Liz,

The problem is still persisting even after the tech came yesterday and realigned the dish. I've tried rebooting from the system control center, resetting from the back of the router, and left the router unplugged over night and we're still having connection issues on our devices. 

It's the same websites but here some screenshots that I took this morning from both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge

capitalone.jpg

Chase.jpg

fecca.jpg

Hughesnet Community.jpg

Indeed.jpg

Good morning Lee,

Thank you for this update. I've informed the engineers that the re-alignment was done and you're still unable to access those banking sites. I've requested a conference call for you with our engineers tomorrow, Thursday at 10am CT. They have yet to confirm their attendance, so I will let you know once they've confirmed they can get on the call.

Hi Lee,

I just spoke with one of the engineers and he's good to go for tomorrow morning's call. We'll reach out to you then. 

@Liz wrote:

Hi Lee,

I just spoke with one of the engineers and he's good to go for tomorrow morning's call. We'll reach out to you then. 

Liz,

A level 4 tech called me last night and the websites we've had trouble with started working fine when we disabled the IVP6 in the system control panel but the downside of that is now our wi-fi connections are constantly dropping and I had to go back to system control to reenable the IVP6 to stablize the wi-fi. I know that I have a phone call with an engineer this morning but this something that you can probably let them know about ahead of time. 

Thank!!

Good morning Lee, 

This is useful to know, thank you. I will let our engineers know of this development so they know before they get on the call with you this morning.

Good morning leejredd,

Thank you for this information, I've sent this latest update to our engineers. I'll post back once I have any additional questions or instructions.

Hi Lee,

I'm glad to hear that you had a productive phone call with our engineers! Thank you again for your time, the logs our engineers captured will help them in their investigation to your connectivity concerns. In the meantime, we've applied a credit to your account while we continue to work on this for you. I'll keep you posted on any updates as I get them. Feel free to post back if you run into any developments as well.

@Liz wrote:

Hi Lee,

I'm glad to hear that you had a productive phone call with our engineers! Thank you again for your time, the logs our engineers captured will help them in their investigation to your connectivity concerns. In the meantime, we've applied a credit to your account while we continue to work on this for you. I'll keep you posted on any updates as I get them. Feel free to post back if you run into any developments as well.

Liz,

Can you let the engineers know that the problem has started back up again. Everything was working great after the conference call I had last Thursday with the engineers and Kim with corporate but the websites we've discussed isn't connecting as of this morning. 

Hi Lee,

Thank you for this update. To clarify, the issue where you can't access certain sites such as indeed.com and chase.com with IPv6 enabled is happening now? As I understood it, the engineers only observed and captured logs as you reproduced this issue live, and the engineers took those logs to investigate. I didn't think they did anything in particular to resolve the issue during that call. In any case, I'll let them know the issue persists and will see if they have any updates on their investigation.