GEN 5 Wifi Router Issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leejredd
Freshman

GEN 5 Wifi Router Issues

I've got upgraded to GEN 5 today and initally I didn't have any troubles but around an hour and so later after the installation was done the Internet started acting up. Certain websites wouldn't pull up and I would get an error message saying that the site couldn't be reached with error code ERR_Connection_Refused. I would unplug the router, wait a 1 minute, and turn back on and it would work fine for a minute then it would go back to the same issues. I've done a Windows Network Diagnostics and it said that website (host) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts. I've tried every possible solution to resolve the problem from doing a DNS flush, changing the TCP/IPv4 DNS server address to the Google DNS addreses, and unplugging the router and rebooting it. I've also used 3 different browsers (Edge, Chrome, and FireFox) and it also had the same problems with websites not connectiong.

I have 1 laptop and 1 wireless all-in-one desktop that's running on Windows 10  and 1 laptop running on Windows 8 that's all having the same issues. Never had a problem with HughesNet until after the GEN 5 upgrade today. 

49 REPLIES 49

@Liz wrote:

Hi Lee,

Thank you for this update. To clarify, the issue where you can't access certain sites such as indeed.com and chase.com with IPv6 enabled is happening now? 

Yes. I thought that the engineers fixed the problem because about 15 minutes after the conference call last Thursday the websites started pulling up with no problems until this morning. The IPv6 has been enabled the entire time and while the websites will work with the IPv6 disabled......it causes the stabilty of the wifi to be jumpy and disconnect on and off. 

Ah, thank you for clearing that up for me. I was not aware of any changes made by the engineers that could have resulted in those sites working for you after the call. I'll let them know.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good morning Lee,

I spoke with one of the engineers and he said they didn't do anything to your system after the call. However, we have something new to try: Do you have any utility programs on your computer like System Mechanic or something similar that optimizes your computer's speed/browsing? If so, please let me know what program you're using. Also, try temporarily disabling that program and see if the issue persists. 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated. Looking forward to hearing back.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

@Liz wrote:

Good morning Lee,

I spoke with one of the engineers and he said they didn't do anything to your system after the call. However, we have something new to try: Do you have any utility programs on your computer like System Mechanic or something similar that optimizes your computer's speed/browsing? If so, please let me know what program you're using. Also, try temporarily disabling that program and see if the issue persists. 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated. Looking forward to hearing back.

Liz,

The devices we're using doesn't have any utiltiy programs installed and I have all virus software and firewalls off also. The websites still not pulling up but 've noticed that the websites we're having trouble with are secure type websites if that would be any help to the engineer.  

Hi Lee,

Thank you for letting me know, I've informed the engineers.

Liz

Hello Lee,

Thank you for your patience while our engineers work to address your concerns. Please try the steps here and let me know if they help.

Looking forward to hearing back.

@Liz wrote:

Hello Lee,

Thank you for your patience while our engineers work to address your concerns. Please try the steps here and let me know if they help.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Liz,

The steps seem have to done the trick. Everything is running fine now and all the websites we've had issues with is connecting just fine with no problems. 

Thanks for everything with the help you gave us and updates during this whole ordeal and I'll be sure to update you if any problems arises again. 

Hi Lee,

Thanks so much for the confirmation! We really appreciate you working with us to help our engineers address this concern. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have other questions or updates.