I've got upgraded to GEN 5 today and initally I didn't have any troubles but around an hour and so later after the installation was done the Internet started acting up. Certain websites wouldn't pull up and I would get an error message saying that the site couldn't be reached with error code ERR_Connection_Refused. I would unplug the router, wait a 1 minute, and turn back on and it would work fine for a minute then it would go back to the same issues. I've done a Windows Network Diagnostics and it said that website (host) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts. I've tried every possible solution to resolve the problem from doing a DNS flush, changing the TCP/IPv4 DNS server address to the Google DNS addreses, and unplugging the router and rebooting it. I've also used 3 different browsers (Edge, Chrome, and FireFox) and it also had the same problems with websites not connectiong.
I have 1 laptop and 1 wireless all-in-one desktop that's running on Windows 10 and 1 laptop running on Windows 8 that's all having the same issues. Never had a problem with HughesNet until after the GEN 5 upgrade today.