cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEN 5 Wifi Router Issues

Liz
Moderator
Moderator

Re: GEN 5 Wifi Router Issues

OK this helps, thank you!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz
Moderator
Moderator

Re: GEN 5 Wifi Router Issues

Hi leejredd,

 

We'd like to rule out any other possible local factors that could affect browser timeouts. Can you please see if the errors persist with your add-ons/extensions disabled? 

 

The engineer would also like to see if the errors persist in safe mode with networking, but considering you're on Win 10 and there's a possibility of being locked out (and needing to reinstall Win 10) if you're not aware of all your PIN and admin passwords and such, I would not recommend this unless you have successfully run safe mode with networking with confidence.

 

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

leejredd
Freshman

Re: GEN 5 Wifi Router Issues


@Liz wrote:

Hi leejredd,

 

We'd like to rule out any other possible local factors that could affect browser timeouts. Can you please see if the errors persist with your add-ons/extensions disabled? 

 

The engineer would also like to see if the errors persist in safe mode with networking, but considering you're on Win 10 and there's a possibility of being locked out (and needing to reinstall Win 10) if you're not aware of all your PIN and admin passwords and such, I would not recommend this unless you have successfully run safe mode with networking with confidence.

 


Websites still no pulling up after I disabled my Google Chrome add-ons/extensions. 

Liz
Moderator
Moderator

Re: GEN 5 Wifi Router Issues

Hi leejredd,

 

Thank you for this update, I've let the engineers know. I was also informed that a fix was rolled out recently to address an issue where certain websites were inaccessible to Gen 5 customers, can you please let me know if you can access your websites now? To be on the safe side, power cycle the HughesNet modem before re-attempting to access the sites in question. If you're still seeing an error, please let me know which error and for which sites.

 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

 

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

leejredd
Freshman

Re: GEN 5 Wifi Router Issues


@Liz wrote:

Hi leejredd,

 

Thank you for this update, I've let the engineers know. I was also informed that a fix was rolled out recently to address an issue where certain websites were inaccessible to Gen 5 customers, can you please let me know if you can access your websites now? To be on the safe side, power cycle the HughesNet modem before re-attempting to access the sites in question. If you're still seeing an error, please let me know which error and for which sites.

 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

 


I still having trouble accessing the websites even after I'd power cycled the router

Untitled9.png

 

 

Untitled10.png

 

 

Untitled11.png

 

 

Untitled12.png

 

 

 

Also when I rebooted the router from the HughesNet System Control Center I was able to get into one of the websites screenshot aboved for about 5 seconds before it slowed down and wouldn't access it. 

 

Liz
Moderator
Moderator

Re: GEN 5 Wifi Router Issues

Good morning leejredd,

 

Thank you for this information, I've sent this latest update to our engineers. I'll post back once I have any additional questions or instructions.

 

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz
Moderator
Moderator

Re: GEN 5 Wifi Router Issues

Hi leejredd,

 

Our engineer would like to get on the phone with you tomorrow for troubleshooting and to capture real time logs. He's available tomorrow, 4/13 from 2-3 pm ET and 4-5 pm ET. Please let me know which one works for you. If neither time is convenient, please let me know your availability. We'll reach out to your on the number ending in 55 that's on file for you. If you have a different preferred number, please PM that number to me.

 

 

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

leejredd
Freshman

Re: GEN 5 Wifi Router Issues


@Liz wrote:

Hi leejredd,

 

Our engineer would like to get on the phone with you tomorrow for troubleshooting and to capture real time logs. He's available tomorrow, 4/13 from 2-3 pm ET and 4-5 pm ET. Please let me know which one works for you. If neither time is convenient, please let me know your availability. We'll reach out to your on the number ending in 55 that's on file for you. If you have a different preferred number, please PM that number to me.

 

 


Liz I'll be at work during those times so I won't be avaiable at those times but I'm avaiable anywhere from 8am to 12pm CST

Liz
Moderator
Moderator

Re: GEN 5 Wifi Router Issues

Good morning leejredd,

 

Thank you for your availability. I let the engineer know and once I get an OK from him for a time that fits your 8 to noon slot, I'll let you know. 

 

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz
Moderator
Moderator

Re: GEN 5 Wifi Router Issues

Good morning leejredd,

 

I have a phone call scheduled for you, a corporate rep, and our engineer tomorrow, Apr 18 at 10 am CT, to address your concerns. If you need a reschedule, please let me know.

 

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!