Gateway Problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EmmaK91
New Poster

Gateway Problem

Hello, I am on my 2nd day without WiFi, and have not been able to find a solution on my own yet. I have reset the modem and router and checked the cables to the satellite. When on my System Control Center, the System Status is red. When I do the Connectivity Test the messages pop up with “Unable to resolve gateway” and “You do not have connectivity to the gateway.” The Built-In Self Test all the categories say Passed.
Is there anything I’m missing?
4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@EmmaK91

There are many possibilities.  Your dish could have moved out of alignment for some reason, or the radio could be having problems, or there could even be water that's gotten into the coax fittings.  Or, it could be something else.  

A rep will definitely have to help you with this.  They're on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, and they should reply when they see this thread.  In the meantime, if you don't already, please be sure to leave the HughesNet modem plugged in so that the reps can attempt to run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment if they deem it necessary.  And I say attempt, as with specific types of issues they may not be able to, but even not being able to perform the remote diagnostics will help to inform them of what may be going on.  

Liz

Hi Emma,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting.  After running and reviewing your site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Tuesday, Nov 27, 2018 between 08:00 am and 11:00 am. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #116935423 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Is this something I will need to be at home for?

Someone who is at least 18 years old needs to be present. 

Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #116935423 if you need to reschedule.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!