cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gen 4 Upgrade runs out every month

Re: Gen 4 Upgrade runs out every month

The problem is that so much of the works she is doing is cloud connected. I suspected the cloud for much of our increased usage these last couple of months. But as I rarely work with anything on the cloud I wasn't sure how much usage there is with those services. The way the internet is going seems to be more cloud connected rather than less.
Assistant Professor

The thing with cloud is it basically mirrors everything that is being done with the specific application. In many cases it means data usage is near double what it normally would be.

due to the number of times you need to reload dropped pages this new hughes.net gen4 will wipe out the bandwidth allowance every month... cant wait till some competition enters my area!

started 2006 here also.... three years were awesome and then downhill fast ever since.... the gen4 ripoff system leaves a real bad taste in my mouth.
Alum

Robert,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the community. Let me see if I can help you here. I was able to look up your account by name and currently running remote diagnostics on your site.

Check in the back of the modem to make sure that LAN cable is securely in place. What is the error message you receive when you attempt to buy a token?

- Warren
Freshman

The LAN cable is secure.  When I attempt to load a token, absolutely nothing happens.  I click load a token, and nothing gets processed. 

Since tomorrow is the last day of the month, at this point I see no reason why we need to use a token.  Would be a waste of a token if it is just going to reload the next day with a full month.

We do have a tablet, but I have turned off all automatic updates and have also turned off the video streaming that happens on Facebook.  My cell phone has the wi-fi turned off all the time. 

Alum

Robert,

Are you still having the issue with loading tokens? Please let us know if this you are still having this problem, as we are here to help you.

- Warren
Freshman

Well Warren, a new month has arrived.  We were out of town for the 1st and 2nd.  So, 3 days later we have used 5% of our allowance, so 95% is still available.  It seems that this is the way the month starts with slow usage, then around the 20th it will drop drastically in a day or 2 from 60% remaining to 20% remaining.  We will watch it and see what happens this month.

We preferred again the old status metersystem which gave a daily reading for each day.  We rarely ran out under that situation, unless we got a new program to install or new computer. 

Alum

Robert,

Thanks for the update!

We are discovering new issues on finding uncommon sources of data drainage in this post here: 
https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/data-usage-sources-common-and-not-so-common

Its worth a shot to read thru as a checklist of sources that might be capable of using your data.

Please keep us posted on the usage meter readings. We appreciate your cooperation.

- Warren
Freshman

Well, last night before my computer was turned off for the night, my data meter read 94%.  then the computer was turned on at 7 am, an hour of free time left in case any automatic stuff was going to be downloaded.  Well, now at 10:30 am my usage meter reads 81% remaining.  UGH! 

Yesterday I took my laptop to another house with wireless so I could update it there and not use any of my data usage from home, so it can't be the laptop. 

I will look at the website you posted Warren to see if any of this applies. 

As I have said before, this data drainage did not happen under the old system and has only been an issue under the new Gen4 system.