Hughesnet Community

Gen 4 gaming no problem other than latency, but Gen 5? Forget about it, no way, no how

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PoppaJohn
Freshman

Gen 4 gaming no problem other than latency, but Gen 5? Forget about it, no way, no how

OK, I have been a VERY satisfied customer of Hughesnet for a few years now, that was Gen 4, I have played a few games for years on Facebook, and a Tankionline.com with little or no issue, I was a very happy customer and referred Hughesnet to friends and neighbors. I live in the country, so sattelite internet and tv are my only option, no fios or xfinity here for at least the next 5 years or more. I called about my bill being high one month and was told about "GEN 5", I thought wow faster speeds, more data, less money this is great. So they come out install the new HT2000W modem, reposition my dish, have me sign some paperwork and leave. What a mistake!!! I have spent the last month or more it seems calling "Tech Support" and have spent several hours on the phone trying to understand what their outsourced tech support people are saying. Twice I got someone who knew what they were doing and it worked for 2 or 3 days, then it was back to games not loading, and servers disconnecting. PLEASE Let me have my Gen 4 back!!!!what I see when trying to enter the game.what I see when trying to enter the game.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi PoppaJohn,

Thank you for letting us know you're able to play again. I've let engineering know. Feel free to drop by the community again if you have additional concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Liz

Hi PoppaJohn,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I pulled up your account to run diagnostics on your site and have found that the HughesNet equipment is working normally. Are you only having difficulty connecting to your game? Are your general speeds and internet browsing experience OK?

We'll try to reproduce this error you're seeing in our lab.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thank You Liz, I have included a screenshot of what I am encountering, I can now get to a community page, but not into a specific game site. Tankionline.com, also "Family Farm" on facebook has caused a few problems also. On one of my calls to tech support the girl knew what the problem was it seemed and quickly rest something and it worked, though somewhat grainy graphics, for a couple of hours before coming back again.

http://screenshot.co/#!/2e60b474fa

Hi Poppajohn,

Thank you for your patience while we looked into this. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Thanks for looking into this Liz, it would be even better if you had a solution. Would you please let me downgrade back to my Gen 4 modem, sattelite, and service? This is ridiculous to be paying over $100.00 a month for "upgraded" service that doesn't do what the old service did. On 1 of the many occasions I called "customer service" one of your techs asked me to hold for a minute, reset or did something, told me to wait about 15 minutes for an "upgrade" and then restart modem and computer and everything worked for about 2 days then it went back to not working again. I have tried several different computers, restarted, rebooted, and waited hours for "tech support" that was a joke, and I am tired of it. Please let me have my old service back. The biggest problem I have right now is that I can not do what I used to be able to do, and have lost several hundreds of dollars in upgrades and gameplay I used to enjoy, spent countless hours on the phone with people that did not know what they were doing but were reading a script and entering answers to go to the next question. I am done, Exausted from trying to use "Gen 5" to do what Gen 4 allowed me to do.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@PoppaJohn

Unfortunately, downgrading back to Gen4 isn't possible.  Only Gen5 service is available for new connections, and a person's older Gen4 service, when decommissioned, can't be reactivated.  😞 

Why not? It worked fine till the guy came out and repositioned my dish and put this new HT 2000W Modem in. If the new and improved Gen 5 isn't working for me what am I supposed to do? I have spent a lot of time and money for a product that is not working as good as the old model was, and that I can not access the site I want to, though with the old service it worked fine, so now I am paying more money for a "new, faster, and improved" service that is not working for me, so what do I do? Surely someone can send the guy back out with my old modem and he can put my dish back to where it was, or are you trying to tell me that it is not physically possible? I don't believe that, sorry, but it is physically possible to restore me to where I was before you guys "upgraded" me. I am getting tired of this.

GabeU

@PoppaJohn

Whether it's physically possible to connect someone back to Gen4 I have no idea, but I do know that Gen4 is not available anymore for starting new service, which is what it would be, and I know that they simply do not connect people to Gen4 service anymore.  

Again, whether it's physically possible or not, I can't say, but I do know that they do not downgrade people to Gen4.  I'm sorry, but it's not going to happen.  

With that said, I'm certainly not trying to downlplay your situation, nor your frustration, which is most definitely valid and justified.    

@GabeU

I have no idea who you are, or why you are responding to my inquiries with Liz, other than to tell me what can Not be done. I would appreciate some constructive and positive feedback from Hughesnet like "fixing the problem" instead of telling me what will not happen. In a service based business I am of the old school generation that looked on "problems" as an "opportunity" to improve service and better meet the expectations of the customer, not to make "excuses" as to why a provider of services can no longer meet the expectations based on past performance but will now have to abide with a "new and Improved" inferior product. If you work for Hughesnet, fix the problem and quit telling me what will not happen because you authority level does not allow it. If you do not work for Hughesnet and were simply responding for who knows what reason, other than to tell me what would not happen in your opinion then you must excuse me as I print this conversation out to better line my pet parrots cage bottom with, as I believe all thing should serve a purpose.

maratsade

"I have no idea who you are, or why you are responding to my inquiries with Liz"

This is a customer-to-customer community, so customers will respond to user posts. Liz and the other moderator(s) usually respond only when the issue can't be solved by the customer community.

@maratsade

Thank you for pointing out that the community pages of the community support topics showing community posts are community based customer to customer on the "Tech Support" topics page, but that doesn't seem fair to restrict company tech support from customer situations. I would think that the company tech employees would be of significant benefit to it's customers in resolving issues. Is there a way to get company to customer support? Where would I go for that?

GabeU

@PoppaJohn wrote:

@GabeU

I have no idea who you are, or why you are responding to my inquiries with Liz, other than to tell me what can Not be done. I would appreciate some constructive and positive feedback from Hughesnet like "fixing the problem" instead of telling me what will not happen. In a service based business I am of the old school generation that looked on "problems" as an "opportunity" to improve service and better meet the expectations of the customer, not to make "excuses" as to why a provider of services can no longer meet the expectations based on past performance but will now have to abide with a "new and Improved" inferior product. If you work for Hughesnet, fix the problem and quit telling me what will not happen because you authority level does not allow it. If you do not work for Hughesnet and were simply responding for who knows what reason, other than to tell me what would not happen in your opinion then you must excuse me as I print this conversation out to better line my pet parrots cage bottom with, as I believe all thing should serve a purpose.

No problem.  Good luck to you.  

http://screenshot.co/#!/170f318fa8

White box user #10564 SamKnows

After the problem on New Years Day of no service, what ever was done to restore service also seems to have corrected the issue I was having with Hughesnet. Thank You who helped fix this issue.

Hi PoppaJohn,

Thank you for letting us know you're able to play again. I've let engineering know. Feel free to drop by the community again if you have additional concerns.

Thank You Liz, I have been reading some of the other posts on here and see that you are very responsive and professional at your job, and I thank you. Please accept my apologies if at times I seemed extremely frustrated, because I was, but I have a tendency to strike out when others I depend on for service fail me and you do not deserve that. I am sorry if I abused the good nature of this community, GabeU and others. God Bless !