Hughesnet Community

Gen 4 gaming no problem other than latency, but Gen 5? Forget about it, no way, no how

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PoppaJohn
Freshman

Gen 4 gaming no problem other than latency, but Gen 5? Forget about it, no way, no how

OK, I have been a VERY satisfied customer of Hughesnet for a few years now, that was Gen 4, I have played a few games for years on Facebook, and a Tankionline.com with little or no issue, I was a very happy customer and referred Hughesnet to friends and neighbors. I live in the country, so sattelite internet and tv are my only option, no fios or xfinity here for at least the next 5 years or more. I called about my bill being high one month and was told about "GEN 5", I thought wow faster speeds, more data, less money this is great. So they come out install the new HT2000W modem, reposition my dish, have me sign some paperwork and leave. What a mistake!!! I have spent the last month or more it seems calling "Tech Support" and have spent several hours on the phone trying to understand what their outsourced tech support people are saying. Twice I got someone who knew what they were doing and it worked for 2 or 3 days, then it was back to games not loading, and servers disconnecting. PLEASE Let me have my Gen 4 back!!!!what I see when trying to enter the game.what I see when trying to enter the game.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi PoppaJohn,

Thank you for letting us know you're able to play again. I've let engineering know. Feel free to drop by the community again if you have additional concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15