cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gen 4 is a scam

Gen 4 is a scam

I upgraded to Gen 4 in December and have had nothing but problems with the new system.  I have been provided absolutely no helpful technical assistance just a continuous series of tests, excuses and promises of correction. I am a captive of HughesNet as my only option for high speed internet.  I am paying a premium for the worst service without any recourse.  I continue to investigate alternatives and can only look forward to the day I can leave HugesNet. .       
8 REPLIES 8
Advanced Tutor

Re: Gen 4 is a scam

If you would like some possible help with your issue, please feel free to post some details on the problem and a recent case number if you have one. There are many in this community with a lot of troubleshooting experience but they would need specifics to help.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Honorary Alumnus

Evan,

You might post a little more info:

What MODEM so you have (HN9000, or HT1000/1100)

What plan are you on ? (examplesSmiley Happy

Or depending on location:

What operating system are you using ?

Are you connected directly to the modem or thru a router ?

If you are using a router, what brand and model ?

If using a router ... do you have the same issue with the router disconnected ?

Are you familiar with the modems internal status pages ?(SCC)

Example of Gen4 HT1100:

Are both the icons marked as #1 and #2 both green ?

Describe your issue in detail

Post a case number or the serial number from the sticker from the rear or bottom of your modem.

Please don't post your SAN (starts with DSSxxxxxxx), email or phone number.

Or address !!!  remember, Gwalk , one did that   not going to say when as not draw attention  And Morning Alan !!! , and Gwalk !!!!

Hi Evan,

Welcome to the HughesNet community! We want to address your concerns, could you please elaborate on what is going on? Please also provide a case number or your HughesNet modem's serial number (located in the back/bottom) so we can pull up your account and investigate further.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

I upgraded to Gen 4 at the end of December 2014. The new system has never worked.  I was assured that it would be faster and cheaper. It is slower than Gen 3 and the connection is erratic at best. I called immediately to state my concerns with any results. You asked for a case number. These are just from the last week along with names of representatives I talked with: #4544955 - Caesar: #46220954 - Michelle; #46234657 - Kathy, #466234657 - Russell; #46234177 - Douglas; #46258772 - Janna. At this point I realized that the reference # are irrelevant asked them not to give me any more. I spoke to Roger and Jennifer. I have been repeatedly told that the service would be corrected; disconnected and reconnected the system; been transferred to home technicians; advanced technicians, account mangers.  Told at least three (3) times that someone would get back to me within specifics time (usually an hour and no one called.  Last night I did receive a call from someone asking if I wanted to cancel my service. I have been told at different times that the problem is due to: my use of NetGear/WiFi (I have disconnected at your request); then told it due to it not being connected so I reconnected it); then it was due to a high volume of satellite use at certain times of day; then it was that the Hughes modem was turning itself on and off (I was told to unplug and plug in the modem a couple to times a day for it to reboot); and finally that the weather in the US was the cause (for the entire US and for last two months). Your Philippines call center needs less empathy and more technical training.  I don't fault them. I fault Hughes. They are ill equipped and lacking in authority to resolve anything.  As I have explained to your technicians, I am a captive customer.  I can only get high speed internet through Hughes.  I was totally satisfied with Gen 3 and would like to go back to that system.  Since I have been told that is not possible then send out a field technician to verify the actual problem(s), reinstall the system and replace the modem if necessary. I don't expect to be billed or this or the of last two months service.  Please call me at 269.876.7767. Thank you.

Evan LeDuc

PS I refer to Gen 4 as a scam because it is marketed as an upgrade which it is definitely not.

please remove your phone number , please as for your security  , modem or case numbers please , this is for identity purpose  ,safety
Honorary Alumnus

Please re-read my first post ....
While we, your fellow users understand your frustration, it is rather hard to help you out without some details. Hence the list of question I posed in my first reply.
Of those you only really answered two of them ..... a case number .... and router model.

None of the others

And you posted a phone number.

You have Gen4 ? ..... which Gen4, what plan ?

Hi Evan,

After running and reviewing your case history and site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for Tuesday, Feb 24, 2015 between 8:00 AM and noon. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #46317041 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes. 

Thanks, 
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->