cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gen 4 performance is slow at night

Gen 4 performance is slow at night

Beginning to think it was a mistake to upgrade to Gen 4 every night it slows down,  sometimes I run across sites the thing just sits there & doesn' load the page it just drags.  When I first got Gen 4 didn't have any problem but as of late it has turned me against it.   I call tech support I get in every case someone I can't understand they talk too fast for one thing.  In a one word for this service it has turned into Hate, it totally stinks.  If I'd wanted service that slowed down at night I'd stayed with that pathetic HN 9000 system,  this Gen 4 was hyped up to be so blazing fast.  It has proved anything to me,  I'm just totally disgusted completley with this Gen 4
9 REPLIES 9
New Poster

Re: Gen 4 performance is slow at night

Terry if you can post a case number from one of your calls or the serial number from the label on the bottom or the back of the modem then one of the Mods can run remote diag. on your system and see whats going on. just do post your SAN or email address please.
Highlighted

Charles means to say DO NOT post your SAN or e-mail address!
New Poster

SORRY Knerkin is correct I meant DONT post your SAN or email. thanks Knerkin

What do your speed tests look like?
Assistant Professor

In particular the Web Response Test located here:  http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com/

Gen 4 or Gen dialup is dragging again tonight,  totally pathetic that it took me so long to get logged into the support center.  Those stupid speed tests don't mean anything, what I found out is when you try accessing different websites at night it drags worse than 26.4 k dialup.   I have had hughes net long enough to know a good deal about the service.  At night it is totally pathetic I've just gotten to the point where I feel like staying off the internet at night.   Maybe I should have just forgot about upgrading to Gen 4 altogether, there is nothing wrong with my equiptment.  The truth about this service at night I don't rate things on a 1 to 10 scale,  I use the A thru F scale  A being perfect & F being a failure.  This service at night rates close to an F !

Terry,

Your case manager will have a look at your site and give you another call to discuss your options. If you would like to help us address your concerns, please connect your computer directly to the modem and run some speed tests for us to evaluate. Please run a set of 5 speed tests 3 times over the course of a 24 hour period for us to properly evaluate your speeds.

Your patience and cooperation is appreciated, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Speed test: http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

My connection has been horrible today and tonight. Very very slooooow. Is there a problem with the satellite or something?

Good morning Laurel, 

There weren't been any network/beam-wide outages or issues yesterday that would affect your service. Please start a new post and describe more in detail what's happening and we can troubleshoot further to address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->