cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gen 5 HT2000 Modem system and transmission light out

New Poster

Gen 5 HT2000 Modem system and transmission light out

Because fo Very low speed upgraded to Gen 5 week of Sept. 7,2020.  HT 2000 Modem when plugged in did not boot up.  Waited 2 days - no connection - called Hughes Net/ TS (Tech Service) (after driving and hour to get cell service) they said to unplug and replug the modem.  System worked.  Every day since  - system disconnects three or more times per day (system light and most of the time transmission light go off).  I can reboot and system comes back on - or I can wait 40 to 50 minutes and the system will come back on.  We live in very remote area  only phone service is via Hughes Net so we have to reboot to call TS to report the problem. We have called NUMEROUS times and their reply is always "your system is working fine".   We know that because we are talking to them!!!! Last week the "advance TS group" stated that something was wrong with the equipment and something had to be fixed with the " inside and outside equipment" and recommended that they would send a repairman for 125.00.  We asked them could they could just sent us a new modem to try before we had to pay 125.00.  "NO", the advanced team had to have someone look at it.  So we did not seem to have an option.  Last Saturday, 10/19/2020 the repairman came put his phone up to the modem and said "it's working fine, I can't fix anything if it is working."  He did check line of sight which is fine.  So we paided 125 for nothing!!!! -- VERY frustating!!!!   Any recommendations .... 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Gen 5 HT2000 Modem system and transmission light out

@Buck,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. First I would like to apologize for your experience thus far. I believe you may be experiencing a network issue rather than an equipment issue. This may be why you are being told that the system is working fine. I would like to verify your issue and run diagnostics myself. When it comes to the fee you were charged, I may be able to help with this due to the seemingly unnecessary technician visit. In order to help you, please private message me the phone number associated with your account.

-Damian    

New Poster

Damian,

We appreciate your very prompt reply to my narrative.  Our phone number associated with the modem was sent to to you this AM.  Am looking forward to any options that you might have that might lead to a solution. Thank you for looking into this situation.

New Poster

Damian

Send my phone number to you last week - not sure you received it.  If you received it and are not able to resolve anything I completely understand.  System hasn't changed as far as I can tell - were away for a few days but this moring has gone down two time already.    If I do not not hear back from you today will go ahead and contact Custom Service and see what options, if any, are available.  As you can tell our we are not very satisfied with this  system.

Buck,

I have not yet received a private message from you with your phone number included. If it is not working for you, try clicking on the mailbox icon at the top right of the page and typing in my username into the "send to" section. 

-Damian 

Distinguished Professor III

To send a message to Damian, go to this page and click the blue "Send a message" button.

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/76644

@Buck,

Thank you for providing me the information via private message. I was beginning to run diagnostics when I notice you had already called in to have a technician come out. Once the repair is complete, please update us here with your status. I am confident that the technician will be able to resolve this issue. 

-Damian