Gen 5 Problems!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
singingfalls
Sophomore

Gen 5 Problems!

I've called five times today. My service on Gen 5 has been degraded since its install. Where do I go from here? I've had my case elevated to advanced tech support three times. Mid November they test and my system was 60% of normal. It is going down hill from there. This message was interrupted twice by going off line in the time it took to type this. Where do I go from here? Federal Communications?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning,

I spoke with our engineering group this morning and they let me know that this should be cleared up now. I will be monitoring your system throughout the day, but please let me know if it comes back up.

Thanks,

Amanda

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Amanda

Hello singingfalls,

I am very sorry that you have had so much trouble and am sure that we can resolve this for you. I have already escalated your account to a network engineer to investigate because I do see an issue happening in the backend. I understand it is frustrating and we will have this fixed as soon as possible. We will apply a full month of service credit to your account and I will get back to you here when our engineers have provided me an update. It should not be very long. Once again we apologize and appreciate your patience.

Thank you,

Amanda

Thank you Amanda. There is a recurring alarm on the State Code which is 12.7.1 and 12.1.12

Good morning,

I spoke with our engineering group this morning and they let me know that this should be cleared up now. I will be monitoring your system throughout the day, but please let me know if it comes back up.

Thanks,

Amanda

Has this issue been resolved. I have had such slow access that it is almost too painful to even login to see if I can check mail without having to click/send receive 5 or more times. Forget about streaming a video on youtube, it takes over 5 minutes to buffer a 50 second video.   I checked with support on Dec 12 and was told that the issue was a known Gen 5 issue, caused by the large number of users had not been anticipated and that engineers were trying to program to handle the increased load. I was also told the issue would be resolved in a few weeks.  But when I checked tonight the issue persists.  Download is 0.19 and Upload is 1.37.   I was much happier on Gen 4.  I am quite sure that all the attempts I make when trying to access mail or stream videos that fail with multiple interupts are eating up my download data allowances.  Think I am wasting my money buying tokens.    Sigh.... please Santa, all I want for xmas is a decent internet connection.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@ChaCha

Because your issue is almost assuredly unrelated to the issue discussed in this thread you should start a new topic, which you can do by clicking on the blue "Start a topic" button on the upper right while within the Tech Support section.