cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gen 5 Service Interruption Statement (KUDO's to HughesNet)

Advanced Tutor

Gen 5 Service Interruption Statement (KUDO's to HughesNet)

"Our engineers have resolved the network problems and restored service to Gen5 customers impacted by the service interruption on January 1st/2nd. We know this was an inconvenience and appreciate your patience in working through this with us. Over the next week, we will be applying an additional 3GB data token to the accounts of all those customers impacted."

I just read the Gen 5 Service Interruption Statement that has been posted on the About The Community section of these message boards and personally wanted to take a minute to say thank you to Hughesnet team for the 3GB data token that they will be applying to accounts that were impacted by this outage.

I'm not sure how many accounts were impacted exactly, or how HughesNet is going to determine who all was impacted and who wasn't, but KUDO's to HughesNet for making such an offer.

I suspect that not everyone will be happy with this offer (there is always someone), but I, for one, will be very grateful to see an extra 3GB data token in my bucket...should I ever need to use it.

2 REPLIES 2
Advanced Tutor

Re: Gen 5 Service Interruption Statement (KUDO's to HughesNet)

Update:

Within this past 30 minutes or so, as promised, 3 gb worth of token bytes were added to my bucket by HughesNet.

Thank You Smiley Happy

Sophomore

Re: Gen 5 Service Interruption Statement (KUDO's to HughesNet)

Terrific...now fix the speed issue so we can actually enjoy those extra 3GB