cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gen 5 beam ID54 almost unusable at night

Highlighted
Junior

Re: Gen 5 beam ID54 almost unusable at night

Is it a coincidence that beam 54 is having the exact same problems that beam 55 is having and that they serve adjacent geographical areas? Or are they completely unrelated to each other?

Highlighted
Associate Professor
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@TYGRHobbes wrote:

Is it a coincidence that beam 54 is having the exact same problems that beam 55 is having and that they serve adjacent geographical areas? Or are they completely unrelated to each other?

It's coincidence, as they are connected to different gateways.  That's not to say they couldn't be having the same types of issues, but only that they are unrelated to each other.   

Edit:  Corrosive was writing his reply at the same time as I, and posted about fifteen seconds before I did, so the same info from two different people wasn't intentional.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Sophomore

I too am on beam 54 and have been crippled by the slow speeds, though this am, the download speeds were running 7-10 Mbps bfore 7 am.  Whahoo!  Yes agree beam 55 is a separate entity, but that does not mean it has a sparate underlying problem.  Which beams are affected by the same types of slowdown?  Are they all in hightech areas with high numbers of telecomuters completing comprehensive online tasks who live in rural areas?