Associate Professor
Professor

Re: Gen 5 speeds have taken a tumble

@C0RR0SIVE,

Yep, I'm on Beam 68.

Distinguished Professor IV

@r3wt wrote:

Wouldn't you know it. The ssd in question failed last night. Thankfully, still under warranty. I can say this, their 24h support is legit.

That's too bad.  Smiley Sad  I hope you're able to get the replacement quickly and, if you had it backed up, it won't be much of a hassle getting it going again.  It's also good that their 24 hour support is that helpful.  So many manufacturers' support isn't.   

I create a system image once a month, keeping three month's worth (on a rolling basis), for each of my three PCs.  It certainly helps when something like that happens.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi folks,

Earlier an engineer confirmed that network adjustments have been implemented and have improved performance overall. I skimmed through the recent testmy.net test results links in this thread and see that speeds are well over plan offerings. Is this in line with what you're experiencing?

@JAS, I don't think I saw any test results links from you. Can you please let me know if you're seeing these improvements? If not, please run testmy.net speed tests so that we get a proper evaluation of your system performance:

http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx

Most important points:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem
-use the 25MB test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/[yourusername]

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Tutor

Mine are awesome.

Just now.......

Capture.PNG

Good here.  I've noticed that my evening speeds, though not having been very low (except for Aug 7th), have been great lately.  

Qi5EpKrWC.hZ6lYKCy2.png

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Assistant Professor

Forgot to post these yesterday. Little better on J2SDO068, if it applies.
1907 22 Aug2015 22 Aug
Just now, though daytime hasn't been an issue thusfar.

Noted that TestMy is uniformly recogizing Hughes now as well.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
New Poster

My Gen speed is anywhere from 3meg to 49 meg. Does not mater what time of day.

As for the YFI if I get more tham 20 ft. away from the modem it cuts in and out. WI FI light blinks all the time.

Professor

@Liz,

"Earlier an engineer confirmed that network adjustments have been implemented and have improved performance overall. I skimmed through the recent testmy.net test results links in this thread and see that speeds are well over plan offerings. Is this in line with what you're experiencing?"

No changes for me. Still experiencing slow speeds at times, especially in the evening.

@billk17 wrote:

My Gen speed is anywhere from 3meg to 49 meg. Does not mater what time of day.

As for the YFI if I get more tham 20 ft. away from the modem it cuts in and out. WI FI light blinks all the time.

Though you should start a new topic if it becomes more involved than what I suggest, the WiFi issue could be due to the 5Ghz band not having much range, if it's the 5Ghz band you are using.  You could try switching to the 2.4Ghz band.  Most devices can connect to the 2.4Ghz band, and when it comes to range 2.4Ghz is much better, especially going through walls and such.    

Hope this helps.