cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gen 5 upgrades--what's happening?

Junior

Gen 5 upgrades--what's happening?

Out of curiosity, what are the upgrades happening tonight?
Ryzen 7 2700/16GB RAM/X470 Motherboard/250 GB m.2 SSD/2TB HDD/4GB RX560/Windows 10 Pro
8 REPLIES
Associate Professor

Re: Gen 5 upgrades--what's happening?

No one knows for sure aside from the mods...  They wont tell us exactly what is being done, but, with the recent connectivity issues that popped up this past weekend we can assume a few things...

Most likely:
1:  These "Upgrades" are what they hope will be permenant fixes that will keep this exact issue from popping up in the future.

Least likely:
2: They actually performed upgrades to increase capacity of the system some, if it was a capacity related event.  Seeing as this happened during a peak time period, and people kept trying to use the system... It could have been capacity related, but I seriously have my own doubts.  What it would require to increase capacity of a capacity limited system is... difficult at best to explain, and would have limitations.

No one knows for sure aside from the mods...

You'd think.. but no. just told it might be a long couple of nights of us working >_< - It's rare, but occasionally issues are caused by something not proprietary to HN and our 'clearance level' around here is moot. 

Associate Professor

"just told it might be a long couple of nights of us working >_< -"

Ah, the corporate life. It stinketh at times. 

Senior Instructor

This is why some of us retire.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Associate Professor

I think you retired so you could run like a crazy man in the wee hours. Smiley Wink

@MarkJFine wrote:

This is why some of us retire.

Senior Instructor

I actually took the week off. I don't do well in dew points above 21C or so (I get up early to try and beat it).

So between the rain and extreme humidity, I figured it was as good a time as any to rest up.

Edit: You might say, I took an International Break, based on the timing... lol

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Associate Professor

You may have heard about the Waffle House Index.  I believe we should have a MarkJFine Index. 

Highlighted
Associate Professor

@Amanda wrote:

No one knows for sure aside from the mods...

You'd think.. but no. just told it might be a long couple of nights of us working >_< - It's rare, but occasionally issues are caused by something not proprietary to HN and our 'clearance level' around here is moot. 

Well, that certainly has to suck!!!!

I still dream of the day that Hughesnet actually puts up a page that lists firmware revisions, and what was changed in each.  It's a PITA to figure those out. Smiley Happy Smiley Tongue