cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gen 5 very slow evening speeds

Sophomore

Re: Gen 5 very slow evening speeds

OK. Well I sure hope you non-employee but very active community members are somehow rewarded for your unceasing efforts at customer service damage control. I mean, I would certainly need to be as it appears to be a full time job for GabeU and Corrosive; especially with having to say the same things over and over to the unending stream of angry customers. 

Distinguished Professor IV

@ilmontgo wrote:

OK. Well I sure hope you non-employee but very active community members are somehow rewarded for your unceasing efforts at customer service damage control. I mean, I would certainly need to be as it appears to be a full time job for GabeU and Corrosive; especially with having to say the same things over and over to the unending stream of angry customers. 

It's not customer service damage control, nor is it a "full time job."  My service and what I pay for it would be no different if I didn't belong to this community at all.  Those of us who frequent the community do so because we find the internet and what's tied to it interesting, and because we enjoy helping people as best we can to get the most out of their service, just as we try to do for ourselves.  If we refute anything it's because it's untrue, whether it has to do with HughesNet or anything else tied to the internet and the things connected to it.  

And the only "reward" we get is satisfaction when we are successful in that endeavor.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sophomore

@GabeU That wasn't meant to be an accusation, just genuine concern. I just wish my HN service was as good as yours. But maybe it is now...

My Gateway went down for a while last night (or was it the night before) and now that I look at the modem status I think my Gateway and Outroute ID may have changed. I'm not positive though because I never committed them to memory before. Wondering if the engineers rolled out a fix to beam 82. It does feel a little more normal (like daytime) as far as page load times. Still FAP'd so I can't be sure. But I just got a 985Kb result from testmy.net over wireless while streaming Pandora on another wireless device so that seems respectable for peak hour FAP speed. 

Distinguished Professor IV

@ilmontgo wrote:

@GabeU That wasn't meant to be an accusation, just genuine concern. I just wish my HN service was as good as yours. But maybe it is now...

I apologize.  When you get called out as much as we do it kind of keeps you en garde, and it may cause an instance of overreaction, like in this case.  

I wish your service, and all others' that are dealing with this, were as good as mine, too.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Good morning ilmontgo,

Thanks for this update, that sounds promising. The only update I have so far for you is additional capacity is being added in an effort to address these concerns. No timeframe has been given on when this work will be completed, but once I have news about it I'll let you know.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Highlighted
Sophomore

Thanks Liz,

I can say that service does seem to have improved for me. I do still exoerience some lag during peak hours but overall, the speeds are usable. Peak hour page load times are definitely slower than off-peak but generally tolerable. Ironically, I've found that my.hughesnet.com has some of the slowest page load times of the websites I most commonly use.

Hi ilmontgo,

Thank you for your update, I'm glad to hear that the service has improved for you! If you're visiting my.hughesnet.com primarily to check your account info, I suggest checking out the HughesNet mobile app as an alternative. Loads a lot faster than my.hughesnet.com.

Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.