cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gen 5 will not work (Slow / No Browse)

MarkJFine
Associate Professor

Re: Gen 5 will not work (Slow / No Browse)

Whatever worked for the dish location/positioning for Gen4 may not necessarily work for Gen5.

1. Gen5 uses a completely different satellite on a different azimuth, takeoff angle, and polarity in some instances. Those vary tremendously depending upon your location wrt the satellite.

2. When techs come out, they will first see if your receive signal quality (not necessarily transmit quality) is sufficient by re-aiming the dish at it's current location. They will only move the post to a location that will 'see' the satelllite with as wide a sky as possible if it is not, and about 40 degrees on either side is needed.

3. Most techs aren't even there long enough to determine if there is an intermittent transmission error (12.x.x series codes) that are indicative of nearby tree branch interference (blowing, water weight, etc. moving branches too close).

4. Most techs will not trim any interfering tree branches and I'm pretty sure none will take any trees down for you. You're pretty much on your own for that. However, if you get a good one, they might give you some advice on what needs trimming.

Interestingly enough, you should know that DirecTV techs are actually forbidden to even discuss trees, which is in sharp contrast to Hughes-contracted techs who will.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Beowulf22
New Poster

The same thing is happening to me. Hughes net is horrible

Beowulf22
New Poster

I hate this service. It just doesn't work. I can't use my Alexa or watch videos and it is so frustrating. Hughes net is very unhelpful.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

@Beowulf22, you should maybe create your own thread to post your issue -- you may be able to get help fixing your network.