cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gen4 Speed Issues - Summerskies' Post

Gen4 Speed Issues - Summerskies' Post

Following advice from a fellow poster, I've started my own thread. Speeds are lousy tonight, even with the new plan of 15/2.

Warren/Eddie/anyone: please have Tier4 support give me another call. Something has gone south again with my service. The pin# Eddie gave me expired and I have no way of calling him again.

130 REPLIES 130

Re: Gen4 Speed Issues - Summerskies' Post

Summerskies ,please post a case no. or your modem ESN,   serial number on the back or bottom of your modem , so as Hughes-Net can ID you when they come in  the morning !!!  9  till 5  EST.

Thanks Chris, forgot. ESN:10023329

you welcome , figured you already knew but forgot to post it , you have a good one and see you tomorrow !!!

Take care. I'm calling it a day too. Yaaawwwwnnn. Smiley Happy

That was taken at 9:00 at night most times that is a fairly good time to check.  What may have been the problem is, there was the Westminster Dog Show, so there was probably lots of traffic at that time.  This would be due to lots of chat, email, and VOIP traffic.  If this was just last nnight them there may not be a problem.

Thanks Gary. I would agree but my speeds have been acting goofy without a big event like Westminster. I'm still waiting to hear back from Tier 4. Last time I talked with Eddie he said the engineers were taking a look to see what may be the problem. I'm wondering if the transmitter/receiver on the dish is bad.
Alum

Summerskies,

Thanks for the reply and patience. We have been working with engineering on this issue and just received word of a possible fix that will be administered next week that might improve your speeds.

In the meantime and over the weekend, you can continue to post speed tests results here. Please let us know if you have any other additional questions. Thank you for hanging in there!

- Warren

What speed test are you using?