cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gen4 Speed Issues - Summerskies' Post

Re: Gen4 Speed Issues - Summerskies' Post

Hi Summerskies, 

I'm sorry to see that your speeds still haven't improved since the update. We'll let our engineers of your status. I see that when you last called in, a dispatch was set up for you for Monday, Mar 23, 2015 between noon and 4:00 PM. Please let us know how the site visit goes and post back if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

The tech came out today 3/23/15 and found nothing wrong. The dish pointing was great and he could find no issues on my end. Over the past weekend the speeds fluctuated. Today's tests ok with one sudden dip??

Hi Summerskies,

Your evening speeds from yesterday look great, overall. Please let us know if you're still getting these improved speeds tonight. 

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Assistant Professor

Sudden dip? Everyone gets those, still at 6.3Mbps. Like Liz said below, those are pretty darn good especially considering 6PM is considered peak time.

I see fluctuations on weekends also when all the kiddies are home from school and people are doing more streaming.

Look at the upload very consistent right at 1Mb pretty darn good for satellite.

Hello Liz, tonight's tests are:

Good morning Summerskies,

Thanks for the latest speed tests. We'll run newer diagnostics on your site now that more data has been accumulated from your terminal. We'll post back once we have any news to share or any additional questions. 

-Liz

Tests 3-29-2015. Updates? Is there a satellite problem or something? Details?

Jared said: "no there is a problem on there end definitely, mine dropped to the 50's the other day and the sun was bright and sky was clear."

Agreed. I have a new modem, tech has been to the house to check out the system.

Hi Summerskies,

We have re-escalated your case to bring some engineering attention to it again, as at this point, there's nothing more we can do on our end. Your diagnostics are fine and there have been no reported outages or weather events that could have affected your system performance lately. Please also check your e-mail, as we have addressed your concerns further there. Once we have any engineering updates to share, we'll post back.

Thanks,
Liz