Hughesnet Community

Gen5 HT2000W Install Help (I purchased a new modem)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeffC
New Poster

Gen5 HT2000W Install Help (I purchased a new modem)

Who can help me install this new modem? Simply trying to avoid the instal fee and do it myself: 

The following are prerequisites for commissioning:

• The satellite modem must be physically installed. (DONE)

• The antenna must be pointed, and the modem must have exited pointing mode. (DONE)

• Service for the modem must be configured by the service provider and the NOC, and the terminal site you entered. Installation must match the terminal site name configured by the service provider and NOC. (HELP)

• The satellite modem must be defined at the NOC and authorized for commissioning by the service provider.

Monitoring the commissioning process Commissioning activities are performed automatically by the satellite modem, the satellite, and the NOC. Commissioning begins when the modem exits pointing mode and progresses until completion. Normally, there is no need for intervention.

2 REPLIES 2
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Curious, where did you purchase your modem from?  Hughesnet doesn't send these directly to the customer when purchased as customers are not allowed to install the out door equipment.

It's unlikely Amanda, or Liz will be able to help you, as you are trying to avoid paying the install fee.

Amanda

Hey Jeff

Do you have an open order for the service? As in, did you put in an order to buy service from us and do you have a monthly plan/account number? The terminal will not activate if there is no: account number, service plan and open service order.

Amanda