cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gen5 Signal Strength Dropping

Highlighted

Re: Gen5 Signal Strength Dropping

Its cool  CHAT IT UP LMAO.... 

If I knew my EXACT Gateway Location I would add add it to my weather apps to check....  No one really knows what SDO stands for....  I guess ill go with San Diego for now.  Man Indifferent

Could start a BS chat through Facebook or something ....

Teaching Assistant

Lettuce not beat around the bush, let's ask Liz .....

@Liz

Where is SDO located?

Better yet, how about another "Ask an Engineer"? 

Jack, can we have a beam/gateway map for Gen5 along with some tech tidbits about ES19?

Teaching Assistant

"Sometimes it's easy to tell where the Gateway is by those three letters.  Like mine is ROS.  Probably Roswell, NM. "

This explains your Windows problems, Gabe. Your Gateway is located in or near Area 51.

Teaching Assistant

wildcats198308 wrote:
Satellite NameEchoStar-19-NAD
Gateway ID14
Beam ID68
Outroute ID7

Data IPGW - J2SDO068HNSIGW0102

Wow. Mine is almost identical. My outroute ID is different and the my Data IPGW is off by one digit.

Teaching Assistant

BirdDog wrote:

Sure wish they'd start a BS page like I asked for awhile ago. I don't post much anymore simply because I'm bored with same problems. Talking with others in sub-forum may actually get me interested again. Sorry @wildcats198308 for rant on your thread.

Hear hear.  Let's have a BS forum!

Senior Instructor

@maratsade  @C0RR0SIVE  

You both are on SDO Gatway?  Nice to know others with the same Gateway.  Where are you both located?  I am in South Central PA. 

If you havent had any issues Thursday and Friday evening around 5 eastern, my problems must have been local weather / storm or technical.

Teaching Assistant

@wildcats198308, I'm in Central VA.  We had some bad storms yesterday, and even then the signal was holding. I remember a decade ago when the smallest raindrop would stop the connection dead in its tracks. Smiley Happy

No issues on Thu or Fri around 5 pm. Your issue might indeed be local.

Senior Instructor

KY...

One thing I have noted, it may not be raining at my house, but, if the cloud cover is heavy enough and raining south of me, I can get knocked out... Being further north, you have more atmosphere that you have to cut through, so storms that may not be close to you, but a few miles away south of ya, could cause issues.

On Friday when I checked my local radar there was nothing that was real close to the south,  there was some heavy rain in just south of Reisterstown Md... which is about 45 miles or so from me.   There may have been other clouds in the area that didnt show on the radar that caused the signal loss.   I need to find a app that shows heavy cloud cover not just rain.