cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gen5 configure ftp

borzoidd
Freshman

Re: Gen5 configure ftp

I know that my host (where many of these sites are) does have automatic IP blocking in place.  I do have the means to check that and remove the block myself when needed.  One of the things tech support at my host said was the proxy issue.  Is it worth it to get a static IP?

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor
borzoidd
Freshman

too bad - would have solved things quickly.

borzoidd
Freshman

Resolved!!Cat Very Happy

I contacted executive technical support.  The tech there sent data to my modem to reinstall all of its operating software.  Basically, a clean install.   Issue fixed and I am connected.  Latency is much more of an issue than with Gen4 but that is another topic.  

It is sad that the front line support either could not think of this or did not have the resources to do this.  The problem would have been resolved much sooner and I would have been a happy customer.  For now I am satisfied but tired and worn out by the endeavor.

MarkJFine
Associate Professor

Hindisght's always 20/20. Quite frankly, I never would have thought there was a problem with the modem software.

Nevertheless, glad to see you up and running. As a former Gen4, now Gen5 person myself, and one who has just processed and sftp'd a weekly podcast (~55Mb), I am certain you will appreciate the new upload speeds immensely.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.